Author Topic: Fokker F.I vs. Dr.1  (Read 876 times)

Offline rfindley

Fokker F.I vs. Dr.1
« on: December 14, 2020, 05:49:32 AM »
Two quick questions concerning the early F.I triplane:

1. Did they have the celluloid data window over the wing spar of the upper wing as the production Dr.1's?

2. Dis the F.I rudder differ from the later Dr.1 rudder?

Thanks

Offline RAGIII

Re: Fokker F.I vs. Dr.1
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 07:29:01 AM »
The answer is No Inspection window on the upper wing and Yes a different rudder.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rfindley

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 09:17:44 AM »
I appreciate the info.  Working with the 1/48 Eduard kit so the inspection window is an easy fix besides the fact it was in the wrong place anyway.

Looking at pictures of the rudders and it's hard to spot any real differences.  Is the forward and top edges of the Dr.1 more circular?  The F.I being slightly oblong?    Bottom lower edge maybe slightly different but my Mk1 eyeballs having a hard time seeing it.   

Thanks

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
I appreciate the info.  Working with the 1/48 Eduard kit so the inspection window is an easy fix besides the fact it was in the wrong place anyway.

Looking at pictures of the rudders and it's hard to spot any real differences.  Is the forward and top edges of the Dr.1 more circular?  The F.I being slightly oblong?    Bottom lower edge maybe slightly different but my Mk1 eyeballs having a hard time seeing it.   

Thanks

I think you have it pretty close as to the differences. Quite Honestly it is difficult to see on a 1/32nd scale kit so in 1/48th close enough May be Close enough  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler