Author Topic: 1/32nd FF33  (Read 5541 times)

Offline RAGIII

1/32nd FF33
« on: November 28, 2020, 12:30:11 AM »
Just saw this on Face Book. I don't think anyone has posted this yet?
RAGIII

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:35:15 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Re: 1/32nd FF33
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 01:07:42 AM »
At last it's out.
I was told about this a while ago but asked not to spread the word.
Another great release to go with their existing 1:48th scale model,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 02:37:36 AM »
Great addition to their fine range of kits.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 04:07:18 AM »
Outstanding!!!   ;D

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 04:34:14 AM »
Now that is going to the top of my wishlist, very appealing indeed!
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »
Wow, wow, wow
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 06:30:54 PM »
I wonder if this will be injection resin or combo?

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 08:12:38 PM »
So I wonder how much this will cost though it sure looks good.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 08:40:37 PM »
I wonder if this will be injection resin or combo?
I believe it'll be essentially resin with possibly some 3D printed parts.
Wingspan around 413 mm.
Release January-February, if all goes well,

Mike
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:46:22 PM by Mike 'Sandbagger' Norris »

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 09:02:23 AM »
Very much expected news, like Mike I have been knowing about this planned release but I was asked to keep it secret. Now it is officially announced, and it will surely be on my bench asap, hoping the February is indeed realistic.
As for the price I suppose 500-600 PLN will be asked.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 04:27:56 AM »
For many years I had hoped to get this beautiful plane from Wingnut Wings as a kit.
I am not a resin fan, I also have no idea how to glue or process the material on a complete model (OK, not quite right, smaller parts or the wonderful resin engines from Taurus I have already built).
Will the wings hold, do the fuselage - and/or wings twist or bend over the years?
I don't know, I have no experience with this, but I will definitely get this model as soon as it is available.
Many thanks to Lukgraph!

Servus
Bertl

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 05:05:59 AM »
For many years I had hoped to get this beautiful plane from Wingnut Wings as a kit.
I am not a resin fan, I also have no idea how to glue or process the material on a complete model (OK, not quite right, smaller parts or the wonderful resin engines from Taurus I have already built).
Will the wings hold, do the fuselage - and/or wings twist or bend over the years?
I don't know, I have no experience with this, but I will definitely get this model as soon as it is available.
Many thanks to Lukgraph!

Servus

Bertl

Hi Bertl,
Many modellers are put off building resin models, I think primarily because of the cost of the kits and the resin itself.
It is a different approach to modelling resin instead of the usual styrene.
Resin dust is harmful, so you need to keep your working area clean. Avoid creating resin dust.
Resin can only be built using CA adhesive (Superglue). Normal styrene cements will not work as they can't melt and weld the resin to achieve a good bond.
CA adhesive is a strong bond, but is liable to break away if the parts are subjected to shock loading.
Also CA adhesive may become brittle in time, especially if subjected to ultra-violet light for long periods.
No matter if the model is made by a small 'garage' company or a large well know company, you may find some of the following in your kit:
    Resin mould 'flash' around parts, especially small or delicate parts - this has to be removed.
    Fragile resin parts are very brittle and easy to break, so care must be taken when handling these parts.
    The better kits have metal reinforcing inside parts, such as the wing or undercarriage struts and in the wings themselves. Sometimes these are not aligned correctly making the parts difficult to
    join.
    Surface imperfections, such as mould marks, air 'blow' pits or imperfect moulded parts (short shots) may be found.
    Larger parts, like wings, which are usually moulded as solid parts, can be found to warped to some degree.
    Mould release agent on parts is more common for resin kits than for styrene kits and this needs to be washed off.

Despite this, warped parts can be straightened and surface imperfections filled and sanded
I have read of some modellers saying that after time, their models show signs of warp etc.
Personally I have never had this on my models.

I have built several resin models:
HPH Models - Macchi M.5
Planet Models - DFW T.28 'Floh'
Lukgraph Models - Ansaldo 'Baby'
HPH Models - Aviatic 'Berg' D.1
Planet Models - Port Victoria PV.7 'Kitten'

I have found that all can be built, although some of the list above were found on some of these models.
I have also found it best to add extra or replacement rods of metal to better support large, heavier parts, such the wings.

Despite all of this, resin models can be built to a reasonable standard and they do tend to cover the more unusual subjects.
If it might help, download the detailed build logs from my site for the above aircraft (click the PDF icons).

Mike
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:32:00 AM by Mike 'Sandbagger' Norris »

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:54 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for the words of experience Sandbagger Norris
I do like your Macchi M5  (wish someone would do it in plastic:)
Definitely want this one though never worked with full resin. Also heard Lukgraph are cleaning up the resin? (from their last release)
which is encouraging for the model maker.
Thanks,
Daz

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
Hi Daz,
Yes, the bigger companies do take more care in the presentation and packaging of their kits.
Resin model kits from companies such as 'Lukgraph' and 'HPH Models', for example, tend to have very little flash.
Some companies, such as 'Aviattic', even go as far as to strap larger component parts, like wings, to backing boards to stop them from being damaged and to prevent warp.
Its the smaller companies with limited funds and facilities that are less likely to go the extra mile.
You'll find their kits are just bagged and therefore parts can be subjected to damage and warp.
Also its their products that tend to have poorer moulding, flash and surface imperfections.
Lastly you have the 'one man' producers, who's kits you normally wouldn't go near, but for the fact they are the only ones available for that model,

Mike

Offline Kit

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 06:52:52 PM »
If it is like their Baby it will be excellent.  My main regret is there is No F33E.... as I really want to make SMS Wolf's Wolfchen.