Author Topic: Calling IMGR users  (Read 2309 times)

Offline smperry

Calling IMGR users
« on: September 10, 2020, 12:42:28 PM »
After a sneak attack "Update" of my computer by Microsoft I can no longer load pictures on IMGR. I have tried reducing them to an appropriate size and attaching them directly to a post, but they do not show up on the Preview.
Does anyone know what has happened? Any suggestions?
Thanks
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Calling IMGR users
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 09:58:18 PM »
sm,
    Here's a test of mine which was updated (without input by me!) about 36 hours ago.

I'm no computer expert by a long shot, but the procedure does not appear to have changed on my system. Good luck with the hassle I suspect you'll be indulging in, computers save you time doncha know!!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline smperry

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 11:28:37 PM »
Well this morning it seems to be working again.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Gene K

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 11:35:22 PM »
... I can no longer load pictures on IMGR.

Windows 10, I assume?

I installed Windows 10 cumulative update yesterday. Just tried uploading to imgur,  and all is well.

If you continue to have problems after the "usual" cold reboot (not Restart), you can go to Windows Update History where you can uninstall the latest (or any other) update.

Gene K

Edit: Opps, you posted while I was typing. Glad you're back in business.

Offline smperry

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 11:53:42 PM »
Thanks Gene. I didn't know about the need to shut down and restart. I didn't do that. It just worked when I tried it this morning. Which is almost as frustrating as it not working at all.
sp