Author Topic: Allegations of Counterfeiting  (Read 1527 times)

Online macsporran

Allegations of Counterfeiting
« on: October 28, 2020, 11:27:33 PM »
Over on the FB bear-pit, there has been an allegation that an eBay seller was counterfeiting 1/32 resin figures from the likes of CSM and WNW and selling as originals.
This concerned me as I had already placed a bid and, on checking, it was indeed with the same seller.
I contacted him and asked for reassurance and confirmation that the figure I had bid on, was a genuine original and not a counterfeit re-casting as per the FB allegations.
I received a courteous reply explaining he had bought a large collection of kits including many such figures, which he was selling to recoup some of the costs of buying the models. Many were without boxes or manufacturers' packing. He assured me the item I was bidding for was original and in its box.
I left my bid in place and indeed won the auction, with the item arriving today.
I am pleased to confirm that, on inspection, the item appears 100% genuine with original box and packing.
Let me state here that I have no connection whatsoever with the seller and merely post this in case others had seen posts on FB and had concerns. I suggest if you wish to bid on any of these items you also contact the seller and ask for confirmation of authenticity, which I assume he'll give - and make it a condition of purchase. That way if you receive anything fake you can reclaim your costs from eBay and let them address any possible counterfeiting issues.
I don't want to get involved in the furore on FB as I tend to avoid the hot tempers there, much preferring the civilised company here.
Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening.
Sandy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:48:11 PM by macsporran »

Offline drdave

Re: Allegations of Counterfeiting
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »
Sadly, they are not all legit.
I bought a DFW off him with 2 figures thrown in free. They were knock off CSM figures in bags without boxes and in white resin.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
Edgar of Copper State has reported this fellow for selling counterfeit CSM figures. That's enough evidence to dissuade me from dealing with him.

I saw the FB thread. The man was challenged to deny the claims but stayed silent.

I don't believe he is a member of our Forum and would not be welcome if he tried to join.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 01:17:45 AM »
If you don't like counterfeits (I don't) DO NOT look at Ali Express. There is an atrocious "manufacturer" there that rips off figures AND their box illustrations. I'm not sure how they can be dealt with legally but it's these operations that will undermine the hobby in the long run.