Author Topic: N-17 Triplane  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
N-17 Triplane
« on: October 12, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
While on the net today I came across a photo on this craft so I started to search on what info there is . Well not much came up so I figured I would ask here .

Is there scale drawings of this type ? Is it just the middle and upper wing which are different but rest of the aircraft remained unchanged ?

This might be a perfect project for the winter ....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
Re: N-17 Triplane
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 02:36:39 PM »
I only know that there is a 1/48 conversion set out there, which is simply a set of 3 resin wings, a set of struts and a basic drawing.
Made by Spin Models it is not the best quality, but has a wire cast into the main span for some strength.
I have a set is my to do stash for many, many moons now, if you need pictures let me know.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 09:42:51 PM »
Yes , I know of Spin models conversion set and it's still easy to find and plan on picking one up . I have a few of their kits in the stash and you are correct that they are not the best quality ( very basic ) and the resin can be brittle at times .

So it would be easier to construct the wings and struts need which I think I should be able to manage with out to much complications maintaining my sanity .

Any photo's would be greatly helpful , thanks

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Berman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 10:29:54 PM »
 I would highly recommend buying French Warplanes Of WWI volume 1 by Colin Owers. This is published by Aeronaut Books. It contains many photos of the three types of Nieuport triplanes plus three view drawings and color profiles. You could make the first version from an Eduard N.17 kit. Two planes of the first version built. Your choice of silver or camouflage. The second version was made from a N.17bis which had a N.17 horizontal stabilizer combined with a N.24 rounded fuselage. This would require using an Eduard N.17 with a Karaya N.24 or Hi-Tech N.24 fuselage plus of course scratchbuilt wings. The third version could be converted from a Special Hobby N.10 two seater kit.
  Many other aircraft in the Aeronaut publication.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 02:08:52 AM »
I had not opened the package before, is actually very complete. A sturdy piece of cardbord keeps everything straight, some decent instructions and a 1/48 set of drawings that looks in scale, or at least scaled to the wings provided. No decals, but looks like there are only roundels used, should not be a problem.

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 03:59:05 AM »
What a lovely project for 1/32 scale! Marc

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys  :)

Hidde , that isn't a bad kit at all , will pick one up this week .  :)

Marc , it would make a nice 32 scale project  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 01:00:19 PM »
Terri,
Working on that aircraft might be just the ticket to get through the winter.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline AndRoby67

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 03:50:40 AM »
Hi Terri,
which scale do you want to realize the Nieuport Triplane? Take care by the fact that two different Triplanes were built by Nieuport.
Take a look here: http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Casirati/Nieuport/index.html
And if you want something more, send to me an email: [email protected]
Hope useful!
Roberto