Author Topic: Toms Model Works Pfalz D.VII/III  (Read 28160 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Toms Model Works Pfalz D.VII/III
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2021, 12:06:22 PM »
A rigging I will go ...a rigging I will go ...hey ho the dairy O a rigging I will go !

My last attempt at the rigging ..after three lines it did me in . Then again I wasn't in a very good place at the time . This time I have made it past three lines and have 6 out of the 12 finished . But before I tackle those , the ones on the other side will get placed .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Borsos

« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2021, 04:04:22 PM »
Very nice model of this rare plane!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
You go girl!

Bughunter

« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2021, 09:48:23 PM »
This looks like a big success this time!
Don't push yourself under stress with the rigging. It it is very tight and complicated take a deep breath and do one line per day and work on other models the rest of the time. That way, it will also be finished at some point.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2021, 12:33:54 AM »
Looking good Alexis. Like Frank said take your time and do the lines at your leisure!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2021, 12:58:24 AM »
Thank you very much for the support guys !  :)

I can say that doing this by candle light is not recommended .  ::) My new bulb will be in tomorrow and that will make this task a lot easier  ;)

Frank , it is tight with the double bay , but it's no overly complicated and I'm not rushing at it . But it does need to be cleared off the bench so I have room for the other projects on the go right now .

Alexis 
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2021, 04:40:21 AM »
... and the heat of a candle is quite dangerous to things like rigging lines in 1/48. Not to mention parts glued with CA  ::)

Luckily it was only the replaceable bulb, not a crashed down lamp head hitting nearly my Fokker D.V.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2021, 06:28:56 AM »
... and the heat of a candle is quite dangerous to things like rigging lines in 1/48. Not to mention parts glued with CA  ::)

Luckily it was only the replaceable bulb, not a crashed down lamp head hitting nearly my Fokker D.V.

Cheers,
Frank

I agree with Frank...Candle light is dangerous. Here is a link to My kind of funny build that was interrupted by a power outage:

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/may/aviation/roden_se5a.php

RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2021, 10:33:12 PM »
No rigging were burnt during the second round of rigging and no hair was harmed either remaining safe and perfect !

Frank , many , many years ago my old work bench light hand one of those clips for it's base . Well that clip broke and the light fell destroying my build . I ended toss the kit and light and will never use that style again .

Rick , nice SE5a ! And thanks for making sure I don't burn down my house  ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2021, 01:22:27 PM »
Okay , no new bulb  , it arrived broken so I went a bought a new light at Walmart . 15 bucks ! I like it it will do for now .

I was able to get more then just a line or two done ..I got 7 of them buggers in places with no loss of my sanity or damage . For the cab bracing wires I removed the one gun so I have room to get the line through the eyelet .  :)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2021, 09:17:35 PM »
Progress at last!   :D

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2021, 11:42:16 PM »
Thanks a whole bunch Ken !  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2021, 10:24:09 AM »
The main rigging is now finished . Just two more lines and the landing gear rigging is let . This won't be long before it is finished , the tail will go quick  ;)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2021, 10:24:35 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2021, 10:35:09 PM »
Fantastic work on the rigging Alexis!  Looking forward to the final photos!
RAGIII