Author Topic: Posting pics  (Read 3320 times)

Offline midwifedrew

Posting pics
« on: May 23, 2020, 07:53:01 PM »
Pleeeeeeze! How do I upload files? I’ve got two degrees and an HND, and I still can’t work out how to post.
Helllllllllllllpppppp!
Andy
I stare at the sky, and it leaves me blind’
I close my eyes and this is yesterday.
Richey Edwards

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Posting pics
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 08:01:19 PM »
Pleeeeeeze! How do I upload files? I’ve got two degrees and an HND, and I still can’t work out how to post.
Helllllllllllllpppppp!
Andy

Hi Andy,

short answer is - you can't. You need to host them elsewhere and link to them

This is a particularly ancient piece of forum software, so you have to link in a very old-school manner using the 'Insert Image' icon which will give you something like:

Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
You paste the link in between the img tags:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.primrose-engineering.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/dh60-g-eblv/DSCF0796.JPG[/img]
Which will display the image:

I host my images on my own website

Does that help?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:02:40 PM »
There is a thread on this subject: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=98.0

Richard

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »
Drew, i'm an older guy and figured it out twice, so you'll be fine, although you may experience moments of frustration until you figure out the process through some trial and error.  I have used both photobucket and flikr to upload photos and then share them here, so it's a 2 step process.  The tutorials linked above will help.  For this go-round (i just started posting again after a multi-year absence) i am using the flikr app on my cell phone and taking pictures with the phone cam--easy and convenient.  You then send the photos from your phone to the hosting site, in my case the flikr app.  You can simultanteously access your flikr file and  the forum on a regular computer also, and do the same upload. I also use my e-reader (Nook - Samsung Galaxy S2) to do this. For me, the process is slightly different depending on the quirks of the particular device, so you have to just try things to see what works.  After some brief frustration, you will figure it out. If i can do it, you should have no problem.  If you encounter difficulty, there are lots of folks here who are smarter and more tech-savvy than me, and they will be glad to help upon request.

Best,

Bob

Offline Gene K

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 12:55:56 AM »
I have used both photobucket and flikr ... .

Bob,

Your mentioning Photobucket sent shivers of anger down my spine -- they commited a crime against humanity when they killed all pictures they previously hosted ... unless they extracted a hostage fee from each user. I can't imagine how many valuable threads worldwide that they destroyed by doing so.

Gene K

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:08 AM »
Gene, i hsd no idea, only that people seemed to be using flikr more now, so that's what i chose this time.  I knew there had been some issues with photobucket technically.  Thanks for clarifying  this!

Best regards,

Bob

Offline Dave J

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
Yeah Photobucket really screwed over everyone on the internet. I did use them... now I use Flickr. Hosting is free up to 1000 images and then you will either have to cull some images or upgrade. Prices for Pro are pretty reasonable. I also like there photo editor for quick fixes too.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline midwifedrew

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 04:20:19 AM »
Aha! So this should have a result....
I stare at the sky, and it leaves me blind’
I close my eyes and this is yesterday.
Richey Edwards

Offline IvotB

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 11:24:39 PM »
Photobucket changes the way they blurr the pictures often. Today's method is that there's a large banner across any picture linked to their hosting platform, however if you click on them in this forum you will get an unblurred picture at the Photobucket website. You can even download the picture without any banner.

I should put new links linking to Flickr in my previous posts to get rid of this problem. There's only one topic here from me about my LVA Fokker in 2013 which might be worth the effort.

This kind forum enables me to do so, as I can still edit my old posts

regards,
Ivo

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 08:52:17 PM »
Is it possible to “share” photos directly from my smartphone to the forum threads.?

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 09:58:01 PM »
Is it possible to “share” photos directly from my smartphone to the forum threads.?

I'm afraid not, for a variety of reasons. The most basic of which is this forum software isn't capable of that

You'd run into storage problems on this forum too

Richard

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 10:19:20 PM »
OK thank you.