Author Topic: Brisfit Question  (Read 1209 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Brisfit Question
« on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »
I'm "up to my fetlocks" in a WNW Bristol F2B Build for the Two Seater Group Build and have a quick question: what is the lever assembly to the right side of the rear fuel tank? (Which the pilot's seat is mounted to) It's part A13 and sort of looks like a parking or emergency brake handle on a car. I'm guessing anything from an adjustment for the stabilator assembly to some sort of control lock, can't figure it out from any of the considerable references on and off line, and I'm the curious sort.
Any Bif experts out there?

Cheers,
Lance :-\

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Brisfit Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:13 PM »
I'm "up to my fetlocks" in a WNW Bristol F2B Build for the Two Seater Group Build and have a quick question: what is the lever assembly to the right side of the rear fuel tank? (Which the pilot's seat is mounted to) It's part A13 and sort of looks like a parking or emergency brake handle on a car. I'm guessing anything from an adjustment for the stabilator assembly to some sort of control lock, can't figure it out from any of the considerable references on and off line, and I'm the curious sort.
Any Bif experts out there?

Cheers,
Lance :-\

Uh, oh. I was banking on you and Gary as being my Biff experts for when I get started . . .  :o  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline IanB

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
As it is notched, and has cables attached running to the tail, I'm guessing it's the tail plane trim.

Ian

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:22:16 AM »
Thanks Ian, that's my first guess as well. Hopefully someone can provide a definitive answer.
Cheers,
Lance