Forum Archive Storage > Copper State Models

Pick your own markings for CSM NIeuport RFC Service

(1/5) > >>

Edgar:
Hi Folks
Here is the box art for our latest RFC Nieuport

And we have picked three markings

* Nieuport 23. B3459, was flown extensively in combat by Capt Fullard to gain 16 of this final 40 victories including the capture of a Junkers J.I before ending its days in Egypt.
* Nieuport 23. B1552, flown by Lt.E. `Mick` Mannock, 40 Sqn RFC, (with different top wing roundels (wing repair probably?))
* Nieuport 23. B1566, flown by Capt W.A. Bishop, 60 Sqn RFC (not sure if we need to add C.5 on the fuselage though)

We are offering you to suggest RFC markings for our Nieuport,
The winner gets a free RFC Nieuport kit

Important rules:
1. No A. Ball's markings
2. No markings starting with a letter A, those are the Nieuports with different engine cowl (early types)[/list]

Brad Cancian:
Brilliant idea Edgar, and very generous - I love it!

I have some ideas, but as a moderator i'll stay out of it. C'mon folks, have at at! This is a fantastic opportunity to influence a major release and win a prize in the process! Wonderful!

Cheers,

BC

Mike Norris:
Hi all,
Not such an easy task, given the restriction of a Nieuport 23, RFC only and not an 'A' series aircraft.
There's plenty of profiles or photographs around for other Nieuport types, but few and far between for the 23 in RFC service.
Hopefully someone will turn up with a profile worthy of CSM's model,

Mike

Sass:
Go for the B 3459, after all he brought don a J1. Think it’s a great idea. Built lots of Wingnut Wings ( am I allowed to mention the competition ( deceased) ) but not a Niupeuport so next on my list once I’ve finished backlog. However the completed ones have pride of place in the man cave and half at least have CSM’s crew inside.

Mike Norris:

--- Quote from: Sass on August 13, 2020, 08:22:22 PM ---Go for the B 3459, after all he brought don a J1. Think it’s a great idea. Built lots of Wingnut Wings ( am I allowed to mention the competition ( deceased) ) but not a Niupeuport so next on my list once I’ve finished backlog. However the completed ones have pride of place in the man cave and half at least have CSM’s crew inside.

--- End quote ---

Hi Saas,
I think the idea is suggestions for a fourth scheme to go with the three CSM have selected,

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version