Author Topic: Swiss LVG C.VI colours  (Read 1164 times)

Offline The_Magnificent_Squadron

Swiss LVG C.VI colours
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:33:35 AM »
heya
im considering making a swiss LVG C.VI but i have no clue what the scheme would be. i know they had 2 numbers 701 and 702 but i cant find any photos of the machines. all i could find is this image from a website showing the body in yellow. Would anyone have any other information or pictures of the Swiss LVGs?
thank you
Sam

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: Swiss LVG C.VI colours
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 05:58:42 AM »
I found this site but I have no idea how accurate this is and I haven’t checked the sources but worth a look.?

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/o/1659/121/0

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 06:24:47 AM »
I found this site but I have no idea how accurate this is and I haven’t checked the sources but worth a look.?

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/o/1659/121/0

i would guess they would be similar colours, isnt the linen colour section on the wing pallete page the fabric sections of the aircraft however?

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 06:54:34 AM »
The fuselage is plywood panelled, but I suppose the wood could have been painted a linen colour.?

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 10:41:50 PM »
The fuselage is plywood panelled, but I suppose the wood could have been painted a linen colour.?

i meant the schemes in the link you said look like they have linen bodies which is why they would be linen colour. The Swiss operated some DH.9s 2 years later and they were aluminium doped and dh.9 bodies are partly wood and partly linen. As the LVG body is all wood im not sure what they would have been painted, im considering leaving it as bare wood