Author Topic: Hi from Sunny Devon  (Read 969 times)

Offline tjfromdevon

Hi from Sunny Devon
« on: August 03, 2020, 08:54:34 AM »
Hi, I'm a 58 year old calibration engineer living in one of the most beautiful (and busy) parts of the UK. Tucked away in the Southwest, with my wife and dogs,  l live near the coast in North Devon. I've been building models on and of for nearly 50 years, and am still trying to get it right. My interest with WW1 aircraft was sparked after finding out my Grandfather was an observer in the RFC, in RE8's. I finally managed to acquire the WnW one last year and plan to build it when I have a few more under my belt. I have built a 1/48 Eduard niueport 17, but I think at my age 1/32 is a better scale for WW1 stuff!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: Hi from Sunny Devon
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy!

vB  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Radarman

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 09:19:05 AM »
Welcome to the Forum. My Grandmother lived in Axminster and what a lovely part of England it is.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »
Well TJ, I was a few years north of 58 when I realized that !:32 Scale suited my age, and in retrospect it was a wise decision! Regardless of scale you've made a wise choice to join this Forum, one you'll not regret. Welcome, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 01:03:13 PM »
Welcome to the Forum TJ. I hope you find plenty here to help you with your WW1 modelling. We have the world's biggest collection of enthusiastic WW1 modellers and you'll find everyone is friendly and helpful.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 01:03:05 AM »
Hi and welcome from very sunny central California, I had to make the switch to 1/32 also to spare my eyes.

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 03:53:32 AM »
Welcome tj! We hope you have a good time on the site and get a lot of inspiration... Ask if you need help and please show us your work! Regards, Marc.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Enjoyable place, indeed!
Ciao
Giuseppe

Online RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 11:24:38 PM »
Welcome to the Best Forum on the Net! I am sure you will find all you need here!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler