Author Topic: SPAD XIII 1/33rd Papercard Model by Luis P. Igualada  (Read 2471 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: SPAD XIII 1/33rd Papercard Model by Luis P. Igualada
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 11:58:20 PM »
   Beautiful model Dan, you've certainly adjusted to the change from plastic to paper! The highlights and subtle weathering add to the effect, she's a real beauty!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 07:53:01 AM »
Like all the above--a beautiful model!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 04:22:13 PM »
Great SPAD, detailed and realistic. Very well done.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2020, 04:20:45 AM »
Spectacular SPAD, Dan!  Looks like a superbly built plastic kit.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »
Thanks, you guys...I very much appreciate your comments and I'm glad you like these paper models.  I've found them to be rather addictive!  As I sit here, I'm supposed to be finishing a 1/600th HMS Hood but I keep going to pick up my Xacto, paper and glue. 

Albatros, Halberstadt, Friedrichschafen, Nieuport 11, Siemens Shuckert...I could go on.

There must be a cure for this...

Dan

Offline smperry

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2020, 01:56:16 PM »
Well obviously, getting someone else addicted doesn't seem to cure it. Dan has been encouraging and instructing me through my first build and I too have been grabbing for paper and white glue while neglecting styrene on the bench. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with 90 degree plus temps in the shop. I can work on paper models at my desk in the house in the A/C. She Who At Least Must Be Listened To has no objections as long as I keep the little paper snipits policed. These models are incredibly addictive. The Master Craftsmen who post build logs of paper kits do not show all the hard, finely detailed work that goes into just producing the paper parts and getting them ready to assemble.

I worked for years with a fellow who grew up in Poland. This guy was a fanatic about not wasting anything. It is a mindset that develops when getting replacements or resupplies is not a given thing. The incredible amount of modeling time that can be gotten from a sheet of parts printed on cardstock fits  perfectly into that fanatical frugality. We here in the West with our access to plastic kits, supplies and aftermarket parts often fail to appreciate how good we have had it.

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.