Author Topic: Albatros D.III (Oef) 1/33 - two models  (Read 3969 times)

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
Albatros D.III (Oef) 1/33 - two models
« on: July 11, 2020, 10:09:27 PM »
Free download, available for subscribers to this forum, from today until 18 July:

Albatros D.III Oef 253.09, Flik 3J - Romagnano, late 1917.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a3iipb9y6tm6k2y/FM_No_7_Albatros__D.III_oef__253.09.pdf/file

Albatros D.III Oef 153.167, Flik 2D - San Pietro in Campo. 1918.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kakhmu3dfrp0qjd/FM_No_7_Albatros_153.167.pdf/file

have fun,
matt77

Offline smperry

Re: Albatros D.III (Oef) 1/33 - two models
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 02:29:22 AM »
Matt
Thanks for making the file available. What weight and grade paper is recommended for printing the file and what weight and grade of paper or thin balsa is recommended for the parts that are marked for thickening? Beautiful rendering of a not so easy Austrian colors and markings scheme.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 04:45:15 AM »
Wow!! THANKS, Marco!!!

Dan :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline smperry

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 08:05:08 AM »
I finally got motivated to get ink cartridges and had to search all over the county to get the last 2 at a Walmart. I printed the file on 176 gm/sqm cardstock. Plain computer paper seemed a bit to flimsy. I also printed out several other card models I have downloaded. I decided to start on the Link Trainer I found, seemed appropriate for a first card model and it had 6 pages of instructions for 3 pages of relatively simple parts. That sounded auspicious for a first go.
Sounds like Dan may be building this fine Albi, so I will cheat and wait until he or someone else does and use the build log as a guide.

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »
Thanks for making  it available and moreover for free! they are fantastic models!

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 02:50:48 AM »
That's wonderful and generous to share your work Marco! These are beautiful renderings of very interesting aircraft.  Thank you.  We'll have to check out your e-card store when it's up and running and help the cause by purchasing some of your other beauties as well.   

Best regards,

Bob

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 03:06:04 AM »
That's wonderful and generous to share your work Marco! These are beautiful renderings of very interesting aircraft.  Thank you.  We'll have to check out your e-card store when it's up and running and help the cause by purchasing some of your other beauties as well.   

Best regards,

Bob

I don't want to do marketing.
From the shop I made about thirty dollars in sixty days.
The equivalent and the cost of a drink offered to four friends.

Therefore, I prefer to offer a drink to my friends on this forum.

Prosit!

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 03:09:07 AM »
Prosit, Marco! ;D  Thank you again, my friend, for both the fine artwork and the inspiration you provide.  Take care.

Cheers,

Bob

Offline smperry

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 03:50:52 AM »
Hi Matt
I am just getting started with paper card models and I'm having trouble printing them. I am in the US and use Letter size rather than A4 paper. My printer was set to print at 100%. Only it clipped the last inch or so off the sheets. When I switched to Print to Fit it printed everything, but at 92% of full size. I am wondering if the parts will still fit at 92% or will I need to order A4 paper. Oh, and what weight paper do you recommend?
Thanks
sp

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
Hi Matt
I am just getting started with paper card models and I'm having trouble printing them. I am in the US and use Letter size rather than A4 paper. My printer was set to print at 100%. Only it clipped the last inch or so off the sheets. When I switched to Print to Fit it printed everything, but at 92% of full size. I am wondering if the parts will still fit at 92% or will I need to order A4 paper. Oh, and what weight paper do you recommend?
Thanks
sp

The paper models commonly use the international formats DIN A and B.
B4 and A3 for printed models, I believe B4 for copyright protection.
A4 for drawings in digital format and printed models.

The weight of the paper depends on the subject printed or to be printed.
Normally 140-160gr/m2 are used for wings and fuselages.  Sometimes even 200gr/m2. 
For small parts that need to be rolled up 85 gr/m2 is used.

The surface finish of the paper is important for the quality of the print. But also for the effects you want to achieve.
I prefer to use coated matte paper, but if you have to simulate a plywood fuselage, satin photo paper is excellent; the instruments can be printed on glossy photographic paper.

The best print is the lithographic one. For the self-made printout the ink jet is preferable (laser printing tends to crack, especially where there are dark colors and model manipulation)

I hope I was helpful.
matt77

Offline smperry

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 08:04:34 AM »
Matt
Thanks so much. Printed and saved. I imagine the wrong paper can seriously affect the model. I am not sure which of those paper sizes my printer is set up to deal with. I will have to check, I think I saw a list of choices somewhere among the menus. Thanks for the help
sp

Offline Gene K

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 06:25:09 AM »
My printer was set to print at 100%. Only it clipped the last inch or so off the sheets.

PM me if you'd like the parts (at 100%) re-arranged to fit letter sized paper.  :)

Gene K

Offline Gene K

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 06:38:59 AM »
The surface finish of the paper is important for the quality of the print.

Since different papers need different adhesives, what are your favorites, especially for challenging photo paper?

I appreciate your generous gesture of the downloadable models!!

Gene K

Offline Gene K

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 06:43:58 AM »
I don't want to do marketing. From the shop I made about thirty dollars in sixty days.

Where is "the shop" where your models are for sale???

Gene K

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 06:56:05 AM »
Grazie per la condivisione dei due splendidi Albatros, spero di poter ricambiare in qualche modo la gentilezza.

Thank you for sharing these two magnificent Albatros, I hope to be able and repaying your kindness someway.

Ciao
Giuseppe