Author Topic: Something Completely Different: Oertz W6 Flying Schooner  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: Something Completely Different: Oertz W6 Flying Schooner
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2021, 08:09:24 AM »
I'm thinking you need some serious therapy....

;D ;D ;D

Willem

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2021, 04:38:53 AM »
Evening All

Thank you again to all of you who have followed and commented on this build - your support was greatly appreciated.

There are now photos of the completed model in the appropriate section.

Thanks for the advice Willem: I think that I will find another unusual aircraft which is not available as a kit to model next as I know that my mental state is long past recovery to normality!

Stephen.

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »

My only other thought was that this is about the only machine I can think of that could possibly top the Oertz :)  I’m thinking 1/144 then I’m thinking am I nuts….

Stephen, actually,  my comment was meant for Marklo

;D

Willem

Offline William Adair

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2021, 02:35:54 PM »
Congratulations on this.  Such a great build!  Heading over to the RFI for a look :)

Offline Marklo

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2021, 12:12:32 AM »
I did assume Willhelms comment to be directed at me.  I might add the red not therapy I regularly ascribe to is the band ( one of my favourites btw)

I somehow see my Oertz as representing the high (low) water mark of my modelling, mind I do have my eye on a few odd builds ( eg the Euler quad or the Caproni triplane) but I don’t think any of the will match the Oertz for pure aeronautical oddity.

Again have to say I loved the build, you’ve made it seem easy. Looking forward to the next one

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2021, 06:05:07 AM »
fantastic project! This is not a flying boat, it is a flying ship. The most alarming thing about the original airplane that there is actual photos showing it flying... me too had looked at the drawings and thought that perhaps one day...but i am not there yet :). Congrats on a very fine and original work.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2021, 01:53:21 AM »
Thanks Will, Mark and Skyhook for the kind remarks. I enjoyed building this one - as indeed I do all of my oddball types as they offer challenges which more conventional types do not.

Stephen.