Author Topic: 1/32 Albatros D.II (Boelcke), Roden  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Monty

Re: 1/32 Albatros D.II (Boelcke), Roden
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 01:07:54 AM »
Such an interesting colour scheme and some very realistic modelling! Well done, Marc.

Offline crouthaj

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 01:24:49 AM »
Hello Andreas,
Thanks for your feedback -- you may be correct about the lilac: I improvised/speculated (always a minefield) using the photos and inferring from Jasta 5 stippling effects (e.g. on Gontermann's aircraft). Of course that could be problematic!  But photos of Boelcke's machine clearly show that the lower wing (and rudder) was modified with some sort of stippling technique, perhaps done in the field. Maybe I should have done it with more light/dark green?

Best wishes,
Jason

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 06:41:26 AM »
Very Nice work on Both the D-IIS

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
Hello Andreas,
Thanks for your feedback -- you may be correct about the lilac: I improvised/speculated (always a minefield) using the photos and inferring from Jasta 5 stippling effects (e.g. on Gontermann's aircraft). Of course that could be problematic!  But photos of Boelcke's machine clearly show that the lower wing (and rudder) was modified with some sort of stippling technique, perhaps done in the field. Maybe I should have done it with more light/dark green?

Best wishes,
Jason

I just was curious if there could be some new theories unknown to me regarding the earlier usage of lilac as German camouflage color. No one can know exactly what colors Jasta 2 used to stipple down some bright aeras on their Albatrosses in fall 1916, so no one can proof you wrong  :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline crouthaj

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
Hello Andreas,
No new theories, just speculation! It was probably mostly greens and browns, but lilac looks cool.

By the way, I like your quotes from Im Westen Nichts Neues and Le Feu

Herzliche Gruesse,
Jason
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:07:33 PM by crouthaj »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 07:42:01 AM »
Thanks a lot Jason!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.