Author Topic: Tamiya Tank Mk IV male  (Read 2404 times)

Offline gbrivio

Tamiya Tank Mk IV male
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:28:42 AM »
Hello everybody, this was originally (hopefully still) destined to a diorama, planned ages ago. As other suspended projects I moved on during the Covid lockdown.
I'm not used to weather a lot but being destined to be inserted in a war zone, I tried some techniques (new for me).
Ciao
Giuseppe

DSCN5242 by Giuseppe Brivio, su Flickr

DSCN5240 by Giuseppe Brivio, su Flickr

DSCN5239 by Giuseppe Brivio, su Flickr

DSCN5238 by Giuseppe Brivio, su Flickr

DSCN5237 by Giuseppe Brivio, su Flickr

DSCN5236 by Giuseppe Brivio, su Flickr

Offline Radarman

Re: Tamiya Tank Mk IV male
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »
Giuseppe,
It looks like it just came off the field of battle. Very nice.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Vickers

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »
Wow! That looks magnificent, which is to say that your model looks like a great big scary chunk of lumbering metal hellfire. I can't even imagine what it was like for an infantryman to stare down such a beast. Excellent work!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:44:13 PM »
That is outstanding Giuseppe! Your weathering is excellent and very realistic, especially the tank tracks which look so realistic. I have made this model too and wish I had been able to do my tracks as well as yours.

Best regards

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »
Thank you for visiting and your kind words, gents.
If can be useful, this is the sequence I followed for tracks making (using the original plastic  tracks from the box): Priming  with Tamiya matt aluminium, then the whole AK set of rust effect colours, from the darkest to the lighter, all brush painted trying to cover less surface with each shade. Coarse spray of dark brown and wash with the same highly diluited colour. Finally drybrushing with Humbrol silver. After this process further random washes with very thin ochre and brown were applied with sprinkling of dark pigments (burnt umber, burnt sienna and Cassel earth).
Body weathering was made with oils, following magazines and Youtube tutorials.

Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
Wow! That looks magnificent, which is to say that your model looks like a great big scary chunk of lumbering metal hellfire. I can't even imagine what it was like for an infantryman to stare down such a beast. Excellent work!

Probably marginally worse than being rattled around in a deafening tin box with a petrol engine leaking fumes and a gunner firing a cannon while someone else tries to kill you

All in all, pretty horrific

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 02:07:15 AM »
Very nice work indeed, Giuseppe. Your model looks excellent. It's nice to see the Tamiya kit done so well.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 02:12:26 AM »
That looks very real, like 1:1, save for the tabletop.  Outstanding weathering!  Well done Giuseppe. ;D

Best regards,

Bob

Offline Vickers

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 02:17:26 AM »

Probably marginally worse than being rattled around in a deafening tin box with a petrol engine leaking fumes and a gunner firing a cannon while someone else tries to kill you

Richard

Yeah, good point.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 05:32:55 AM »
Thank you everybody, I hope to set up the diorama initially planned to give the tank a background.

... I can't even imagine what it was like for an infantryman to stare down such a beast...

Richard

Yeah, good point.

I know the topic will better fit under "time for relax", anyway I've been flying a few times in a pusher ultralight plane belonging to a friend: funny, but I felt naked in the air! I barely can imagine those fearless early pilots flying machines of same weight and power and dogfight with them. As well for tin can armors, pretty horrific as you said.

Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 02:39:06 AM »
Beautifully Done in all respects!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler