Author Topic: Albatros Dr.I, Eduard 1/48, Upd 28.6.2020 Suspension  (Read 20166 times)

Offline FAf

Re: Albatros Dr.I, Eduard 1/48, Upd 28.6.2020 Suspension
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2020, 04:53:48 PM »
Jaw dropping work! 😲👍👍👍
/Fredrik

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:13 PM »
Thanks for explaining your fabrication of the brass washers.  I never would have thought of that.  I suppose the difference in the hardness of the brass versus the solder did not cause any machining problems?

End results look excellent.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2020, 12:06:24 AM »
Wonderful modelling as always, Frank. but this won’t help you. For keeping some 20 Spandaus at home I called the cops. They‘ll jail you very soon for breaking the Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz.
I‘ll send you a cake with a file...
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Bughunter

« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2020, 12:42:22 AM »
Thank you Kevin, Stephen, Rick, Early Bird Fan, Terri, Gaz, Fredrik, Ken and Andreas for your continued support!

Thanks for explaining your fabrication of the brass washers.  I never would have thought of that.
I hate to loose so much material with a trenching shovel, more waste than washers.
The idea come from a friend, who glues Evergreen sheets with white glue to get identical parts. So I modified that idea to solder brass to block. This works also for milling, see here more detailed on my Bristol:
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9378.msg177275#msg177275
After "desoldering" the block you get tinned parts, perfect in my case but may be problematic, if the original brass color is needed.
An you own a lathe :D

I suppose the difference in the hardness of the brass versus the solder did not cause any machining problems?
I press the layers together with a wooden clamp during soldering, so the tin layers are thin. No problem on lathe or milling.

For keeping some 20 Spandaus at home I called the cops. They‘ll jail you very soon for breaking the Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz.
If you include the ones on the finished biplanes then there are even more, 30 Spandaus and a lot of Vickers and Lewis guns too!
How many year Gaspatch have to stay in prison then? They export those even into none-EU countries!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RichieW

« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2020, 03:39:33 AM »
AWESOME WORK FRANK!!!!!!!!! Nothing much else I can say, just mind blowing skills!