Forum Comments and Feedback > Comments and Feedback

Posting pics

(1/3) > >>

midwifedrew:
Pleeeeeeze! How do I upload files? I’ve got two degrees and an HND, and I still can’t work out how to post.
Helllllllllllllpppppp!
Andy

RLWP:

--- Quote from: midwifedrew on May 23, 2020, 07:53:01 PM ---Pleeeeeeze! How do I upload files? I’ve got two degrees and an HND, and I still can’t work out how to post.
Helllllllllllllpppppp!
Andy

--- End quote ---

Hi Andy,

short answer is - you can't. You need to host them elsewhere and link to them

This is a particularly ancient piece of forum software, so you have to link in a very old-school manner using the 'Insert Image' icon which will give you something like:

--- Code: ---[img][/img]
--- End code ---

You paste the link in between the img tags:

--- Code: ---[img]http://www.primrose-engineering.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/dh60-g-eblv/DSCF0796.JPG[/img]
--- End code ---

Which will display the image:

I host my images on my own website

Does that help?

Richard

RLWP:
There is a thread on this subject: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=98.0

Richard

rhallinger:
Drew, i'm an older guy and figured it out twice, so you'll be fine, although you may experience moments of frustration until you figure out the process through some trial and error.  I have used both photobucket and flikr to upload photos and then share them here, so it's a 2 step process.  The tutorials linked above will help.  For this go-round (i just started posting again after a multi-year absence) i am using the flikr app on my cell phone and taking pictures with the phone cam--easy and convenient.  You then send the photos from your phone to the hosting site, in my case the flikr app.  You can simultanteously access your flikr file and  the forum on a regular computer also, and do the same upload. I also use my e-reader (Nook - Samsung Galaxy S2) to do this. For me, the process is slightly different depending on the quirks of the particular device, so you have to just try things to see what works.  After some brief frustration, you will figure it out. If i can do it, you should have no problem.  If you encounter difficulty, there are lots of folks here who are smarter and more tech-savvy than me, and they will be glad to help upon request.

Best,

Bob

Gene K:

--- Quote from: rhallinger on May 23, 2020, 09:07:18 PM --- I have used both photobucket and flikr ... .
--- End quote ---

Bob,

Your mentioning Photobucket sent shivers of anger down my spine -- they commited a crime against humanity when they killed all pictures they previously hosted ... unless they extracted a hostage fee from each user. I can't imagine how many valuable threads worldwide that they destroyed by doing so.

Gene K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version