Author Topic: Fokker D-VII Paper Card Model from Fitter and Recolored by Matt77 (1/33 Scale)  (Read 1635 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

All,
Here is my latest paper model and a favorite.  The colors and renderings are just lovely and the the machine is quite eye-catching when done.  I love it.  I modified it a bit from the original kit to partially fix the nose section (it was too boxy) and put some scratch building into the engine.  Some details added include the little packing bumpers on the wing leading edges, gun breach protectors for the pilot, foot step, and the rear fuselage hand-holds.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  If I did it again, I'd shorten the nose by about 1/4 inch, move the engine back a bit, start the back edge of the cowling right at the curved inspection plates on the nose and give the upper wing underside the characteristic up-sweep toward the tips.  I think my wheels are a tad chunky too (turned balsa with paper hubs).

But as is, I am not displeased!   ;D

Next will be a Pfalz D-III paper card model from Marek's Models and repainted by the same genius, Matt77.

Stay tuned and thanks for looking,
Dan
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:32:05 PM by NinetythirdLiberator »

Offline smperry

So have you taped a penny under the nose and tried gliding it across the room? It looks right ready to fly and no way to tell it is a paper model by looking.
Great job and a fascinating build to watch go together. Thanks so much for taking us along for the ride...it was a great one.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline rhallinger

Outstanding artistry Dan!  Thanks for sharing this.  It looks very appealing and is a unique D.VII with that very sharp paint scheme.  Great fix on the nose and chin cowl, too.  Very well done!

Best,

Bob

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Truly amazing result, Dan.  I cannot tell it's primarily paper.  Must be light as a feather.  Keep it tied down on the shelf.

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
Holy cow, that’s amazing. I am having a hard time believing this a paper model. As someone else said it looks quite flight-worthy! Thanks for sharing;

Jimbo
Under construction:

Wingnut Wings Roland C.II

Offline dr 1 ace

Agree with all the above compliments !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline lone modeller

Dan you are proving yourself not only to be a master modeller in plastic but now in paper too. That is super - impossible to tell that it is paper from the photographs. Good recovery from the problems with the nose, and an interesting build log too.

Stephen.

Bughunter

Holy cow, that’s amazing.
That is exactly what I think!
A interesting look, but it doesn't look like paper.

Cheers,
Frank

Online Radarman

Another great one, Dan.

Thanks for sharing,
                                       Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline RAGIII

As always I really enjoyed following your processes! Your cowling solution worked wonders for the shape of the nose! Beautiful Model Dan!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler