The Coronavirus locked down theme build > The Coronavirus special theme build

Martin Flyer 'El Sonora' --- scratch-build in 1/72

(1/5) > >>

Old Man:
I am reviving this project for this group build, after letting it lapse a couple of years ago when my health got to be too much of a distraction.

Here is a link to the build thread from back then:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=8476.0

Here are a couple of photographs of the beast, one of those pre-war 'wings and some sticks' items so common then in the United States....

Here is how it stood when I halted work...

I expect the first thing I will be doing is is fuel tanks and plumbing. I will probably wait on seating arrangements, as photographs show these differed over the life of the machine, and I will have to decide at what point in its career I wish to depict it.

The great step is attaching the upper wing, and if I am going back to this, I will want to do that in fairly short order....

RLWP:
Good to see this one back again

Richard

Monty:
An amazing interesting flying machine! Watching the intricate construction will be a pleasure! More power to your modelling arm! Regards, Marc.

RAGIII:
I m looking forward to your revival build! Really looks awesome where you left off!!
RAGIII

Dave W:
Hi

I don't know if this helps but I put one of your images through some photo enhancing software and here's the result:

Your scratchbuild looks awesome. Looking forward to the completion of this one.

cheers

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version