Author Topic: Fokker DVIIf  (Read 1012 times)

Offline RichieW

Fokker DVIIf
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:09:48 AM »
Hi everybody, I would like a little advice on aftermarket decals. I have a WNW DVII on on order but am a little sensitive about building the boxes Herman Goering version. I am not very knowledgable about WWI aircraft and can't find any information on differences between early and late models. This makes it very difficult for me to order after market decals. If anybody can advise it would be a great help.

Many thanks
Richie

Offline rhwinter

Re: Fokker DVIIf
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 05:10:06 AM »
Hi everybody, I would like a little advice on aftermarket decals. I have a WNW DVII on on order but am a little sensitive about building the boxes Herman Goering version. I am not very knowledgable about WWI aircraft and can't find any information on differences between early and late models. This makes it very difficult for me to order after market decals. If anybody can advise it would be a great help.

Many thanks
Richie

Richie, I think it would be best to start looking for aftermarket decals for Fokker D.VII F. Wingnut Wings, Pheon Decals, Lifelike Decals come to mind, but there might be more around. Try ebay. Good luck!
Richard

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:14:51 AM »
Look at the WNW web site for the original Fokker DVII F. I am sure someone has original kit Markings they didn't use. I will have to check as I tend to cut up markings if I need a sharp black line or something similar. The differences between the DVII F and Earlier Fokker DVIIs are the BMW engine and the use of the highest MG mounts. In the kit there are also engine panels provided that don't appear on other versions. IHTH
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 08:36:41 AM »
Thanks Richard and Rick, I'll have a look. VIIf decals it has to be. Gives me a chance to support small businesses by seeing what they have. If you have spares Rick that would be awesome.