Author Topic: SPAD V.II Nr 115 Esc 3  (Read 9509 times)

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: SPAD V.II Nr 115 Esc 3
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2020, 05:47:59 PM »
Yes, I forgot to mention they broke up
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Online FAf

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2020, 06:30:41 PM »
Too bad about the wings... but good news on the painted markings! You seem to be on the right track there, even if I don't think it's about sealing the mask, but rather about not pushing a lot of runny paint towards the edges.

Not too much left now (?)...
/Fredrik

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2020, 06:44:16 AM »
Back to fiddly bits. I have dressed up the engine with the outside spark plugs and plug leads. I have also piped up the water pump. Of course, you can hardly see those bits

You learn things modelling this way, I couldn't work out why the full sized firewall had a pair of diagonal cut outs in it

They clear the drive shaft tubes for the camshaft. I had to file them out in situ to allow the engine to sit far enough back

Next step will be to install the engine

Richard

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2020, 10:03:47 AM »
Nice job on the details Richard

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2020, 10:24:24 PM »
It's starting to look like the engine compartment of my car (but I don't have a Hispano engine in it).

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »
It's starting to look like the engine compartment of my car (but I don't have a Hispano engine in it).

It looks nothing like the engine bays in any of our cars! The 1972 MG has loads of space around the engine, the SAAB and Peugeot are all hidden under black plastic covers

Richard

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2020, 10:31:42 PM »
If those cylinder banks were flattened out to 180 degrees, it would be my Subaru.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2020, 10:43:48 PM »
Excellent work on the engine and nice fix on the firewall! Your SPAD is really moving along now!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2020, 03:01:21 AM »

It looks nothing like the engine bays in any of our cars! The 1972 MG has loads of space around the engine, the SAAB and Peugeot are all hidden under black plastic covers

Richard

Did I hear the magic words 1972 MG?

Best car I ever had! :)

Good work there Richard, engine looks all the better for adding details. Doesn't matter if they won't be seen, I reckon you had fun making them.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:42 AM »
It reads as though this model is turning into a major saga.Wings falling off, transfers causing problems, and now the engine compartment playing games with you. I think that you could claim that this is a conversion rather than a build! The engine looks good though - what a shame that you are going to cover it all up.

Stephen.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2020, 03:48:10 AM »
It reads as though this model is turning into a major saga.Wings falling off, transfers causing problems, and now the engine compartment playing games with you. I think that you could claim that this is a conversion rather than a build! The engine looks good though - what a shame that you are going to cover it all up.

Stephen.

Not all of it, in fact very little Stephen. I'm planning to present the aeroplane like this:

Richard