Author Topic: Hello from Surrey, UK  (Read 902 times)

Offline MarkyMark62

Hello from Surrey, UK
« on: April 18, 2020, 09:30:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,
 I have read the forum for a while now but with out joining, which I have obviously now done.
 I am currently finishing off my first WnW kit the Junkers D.1 which has gone together surprisingly well considering it is my first ever WW1 kit. I choose this one as there is
no real rigging to contend with but the bug has bitten.
 Last year at a show I picked up the Albatros D.V von Richthofen and with the possible imminent demise of WnW have given the credit card a bit of a hit this week by adding 4 kits to the stash. One of which is well beyond my capabilities for the foreseeable future, this being the Felixstowe flying boat (early). I have loved this kit since I first saw it but shied away from it but this week I thought it might be now or never.
 Going back to the D.1 I am currently applying the decals and am waiting for some to dry before continuing. I shall add some pictures when it is finished.
Best wishes and stay safe, Mark

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Surrey, UK
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:55:47 PM »
Hello Mark

A very warm welcome to the Forum! You will find many new friends here and your choice of model kits will give you a wonderful introduction to WnW WW1 modelling. Feel free to ask any questions on any topic as our members have a wealth of knowledge we are happy to share.

We look forward to seeing your builds. I recently finished a Wingnuts Junkers D.1 and am working on the Von Richthofen Albatros D.V now.

Thanks for joining us and stay safe!

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 11:27:11 PM »
Welcome aboard, Mark.
May you enjoy your stay with us and may that stay be long and prosperous.

All the best,
Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 12:02:36 AM »
    A warm welcome, Mark. It's great you were able to get those kits while they are still available, you will not regret it and the many hours of enjoyment they represent will prove a great investment! Looking forward to your contributions here!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline MarkyMark62

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 12:36:42 AM »
Quote from: Dave W link=topic=11017.msg203015#msg203015 date=15872109 Feel free to ask any questions on any topic as our members have a wealth of knowledge we are happy to share.
[/quote
Hi Dave thanks for the welcome. I'm sure you will be sick of me asking questions.
Cheers, Mark

Offline MarkyMark62

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 12:39:22 AM »
  Looking forward to your contributions here!
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks Lance, My contributions will be few and far between. The D.1 has taken me over a year to build but to be fair it was on the shelf of doom for a good portion of that time while I screwed up courage to carry on with it.
Cheers, Mark

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 10:19:07 PM »
Welcome, Mark! It sounds like you're going to fit in extremely well here! You will find plenty of (very) slow builders here too! But the info and encouragement is amazing! Regards, Marc.