Author Topic: Sopwith Baby, Calshot Oct. 1917 (1/32, Lukgraph)  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Sopwith Baby, Calshot Oct. 1917 (1/32, Lukgraph)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 02:05:52 AM »
What am amazing, beautiful model you have built, Przemo, and resin kits aren't easy! Your photographs are superb and show this "baby" off perfectly! Once again an exceptional model from your hands... Regards, Marc.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 06:07:37 PM »
Thank you, Ken and Marc. I am glad you like it.
And I am glad to have a model, which probably very few will have built  ;) Looking back, I have built the resin Balilla from Aviattic almost three years ago and since that time I do not remember more than three other ones built shown anywhere in the web.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 01:58:10 AM »
You are absolutely right that very few resin models get built, Przemo. It has a lot to do with problem solving and working with resin itself, often with photo-etch parts and metal parts! I recently obtained an Alley-Cat Hawker Fury, and what a nice kit, but still intimidating. So watching your build is a learning experience and inspirational! Regards, Marc.

Bughunter

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 02:47:05 AM »
You have done a fantastic job on this resin bird, great build and painting!

Very nice to see the evolutions from Sopwith Tabloid -> Sopwith Schneider (in it's variants) -> Sopwith Baby. Some things are nearly identical.

And I am glad to have a model, which probably very few will have built  ;)
I know that feeling from my recently finished Sopwith Schneider, because of no kit available for that variant :D

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RichieW

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »
Stunning from every angle, what an absolute beauty!

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 05:56:19 PM »
What can I say - another wonderful build up to your usual inspirational standards! Bravo!

BC

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »
Thank you, Frank, Richie and Brad for your kind comments. Very much appreciated.

You are absolutely right that very few resin models get built, Przemo. It has a lot to do with problem solving and working with resin itself, often with photo-etch parts and metal parts! I recently obtained an Alley-Cat Hawker Fury, and what a nice kit, but still intimidating. So watching your build is a learning experience and inspirational! Regards, Marc.

Marc, I think you should give resin a try, but maybe something simpler, not a biplane for the starters. To get acquainted with technical pecularities of cutting, sanding and glueing resin bits. After all, it is not so difficult, though rightly said - a bit more demanding than ordinary injection plastic.

You have done a fantastic job on this resin bird, great build and painting!

Very nice to see the evolutions from Sopwith Tabloid -> Sopwith Schneider (in it's variants) -> Sopwith Baby. Some things are nearly identical.

And I am glad to have a model, which probably very few will have built  ;)
I know that feeling from my recently finished Sopwith Schneider, because of no kit available for that variant :D

Cheers,
Frank

Right, this progress in Sopwith is very interesting, just a one tiny branch of the tremendous progress made in aviation in those years. And great that we managed to build our models almost simultaneously. Though I must say, that I somehow cannot start liking that odd Schneider engine cowling, Baby looks much nicer  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Bughunter

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 03:02:08 AM »
Though I must say, that I somehow cannot start liking that odd Schneider engine cowling, Baby looks much nicer  ;)
;D You are right!
So one day I will add a Baby to my Sopwith collection, I have the old 1/48 Eduard kit in my stash.

Cheers,
Frank