Author Topic: New 1/32 scale model in the making  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: New 1/32 scale model in the making
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 01:52:53 AM »
Thanks a lot for your overwhelming interest and your positive feedback! Schools reopened in Bavaria, at least for the pupils who are going to finish school this or next year. therefore things got extremely busy these days. Homeschooling is much more work than many might probabely think, but teaching under these circumstances includes hundrets of extra things to do that cuts modelling time really short.

My intention is to start my first double build of the Roden Albatros D. III and D. I. It will be Prince Friedrich Karl of Prussia‘s green Albatros D. I

and Geord Simons red Albatros D. III of Jasta 11.

While the paintjob on the last one is quite well known, the green Albatros still leaves some open questions.
 Regarding the green plane I intend to do a small vignette that will be called Alas, poor Yorick..., for the red D. III I have something different in my mind as I have a Tommy‘s War Crossley light tender:

For the D. III I will use Eduards PE, for the D. I a PART PE set. For both planes I use Aviattic PE ribtapes, which are a great product. I think one set will last for at least two kits. Attaching the PE, I use Vantage Model Supplies glue for PE parts. I use this product for the first time and it’s really great (https://de.vms-supplies.com/product-page/vms-flexy-5k-ca-contact-adhesive-for-photo-etched).
Best regards,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 02:09:23 AM »
I am Really Looking forward to your Dual Build! I almost did the DI in that scheme way back when it first came out. I was thinking of trying to use a 1/48th or 1/72nd radiator front for the Front Mounted radiator on the DI. I am sure you will have a Much better solution  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 02:21:54 AM »
Not one but two super builds in the making! Your diorama/vignettes are wonderful so there is much to look forward to here.

I can understand the problems work are throwing at you - I am a (fortunately) retired teacher - I dread to think what it must be like in terms of workload at the moment and for the foreseeable future. Good luck.

Stephen.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 08:33:16 AM by lone modeller »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2020, 04:50:27 AM »
Thank you very much Rick and Stephen (colleague :) )!
I'll be following along, though for my Roden D.III I got (when that was still possible, sigh) a wing sprue from WNW from the D.V/Va kit.
I have one of the Jasta 5 Albatrosen and that comes with D.V and D.Va parts, so I can use the D.Va parts on the Roden kit to make a later one with the offset radiator. The control stick and pulleys are a bonus for maximum part remnant use :)

Jeroen

I had the same idea like you Jeroen. It’s for sure possible to use a WNW wing sprue and I will use mine on another D. III build. The lower wing needs some major surgery due to the oval shape of the D. V fuselage. But cutting the WNW lower wings from the D. V middle part and using the Roden mittle part that fits the fuselage instead, finally pinning the WNW lower wings onto that part using brassrod should work.

Andreas
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2020, 05:52:55 AM »
This is going to be awesome, I read through your Des Memorial Build diorama thread and was astonished. Very much following this one Andreas.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
Chair is pulled up , I'm all set  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2020, 04:18:44 PM »
Hi Andreas, I'm really looking forward to how you are going to 'upgrade' the Roden Albatros's..

Kent

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2020, 11:34:56 PM »
This will be great fun for all, Andreas!  Thank you.

Best regards,

Bob

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2020, 12:41:19 AM »
Thank you very much Rick and Stephen (colleague :) )!
I'll be following along, though for my Roden D.III I got (when that was still possible, sigh) a wing sprue from WNW from the D.V/Va kit.
I have one of the Jasta 5 Albatrosen and that comes with D.V and D.Va parts, so I can use the D.Va parts on the Roden kit to make a later one with the offset radiator. The control stick and pulleys are a bonus for maximum part remnant use :)

Jeroen

I had the same idea like you Jeroen. It’s for sure possible to use a WNW wing sprue and I will use mine on another D. III build. The lower wing needs some major surgery due to the oval shape of the D. V fuselage. But cutting the WNW lower wings from the D. V middle part and using the Roden mittle part that fits the fuselage instead, finally pinning the WNW lower wings onto that part using brassrod should work.

Andreas

That was exactly my plan :) The shapes of the wings are almost exactly the same, except for the elevator, but that is also on the wing sprue. :)

Good luck with your builds!

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 07:22:33 PM »
Hi Borsos!
   I too was planning on doing Prince Friedrich Karl of Prussia's Albatros, soon.  I'll be interested in seeing how yours goes.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2020, 09:54:38 PM »
Thank you very much for your kind words and your interest, ladies and gentlemen.

But this build is on hold at the moment. I‘ll get back to it as soon as possible.  :-\
Best regards,

Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.