Author Topic: Ordering PDF books from Achim Engels?  (Read 722 times)

Offline Chuckt5

Ordering PDF books from Achim Engels?
« on: April 15, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »
I want to order Achim Engels PDF book on the Fokker Dr.I and have sent him an email. He says on his webpage that he doesnt use banks, so I'm woundering if anyone on here has ordered one of his PDF books and what the process was like?

Thanks.

Offline rod27

Re: Ordering PDF books from Achim Engels?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:40:09 PM »
Achim no longer uses money. Instead he swaps or trades. You trade with him something of appropriate value and in return you can download his PDF books. When I did this in 2016 Achim suggested some ideas and I purchased a canvas bag on the German eBay that was for a motorcycle Achim was restoring. It was a good trade. All communication was done via private e-mail.

Offline Chuckt5

Re: Ordering PDF books from Achim Engels?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:41:01 AM »
Achim replied to my email request for an ebook right away and sent it without asking for anything. When I questioned him further on how I could show my thanks, he suggested a couple of options for items he was interested on German ebay just like you said. Great guy to deal with and I like his policy of keeping the banks out of the loop as much as possible! I would have no hesitation in dealing with him again.

p.s. The books he sent are full of fantastic detail shots of the various reproductions he has made over the years.   ;)