Author Topic: New year, New project - Sopwith F.1 Camel (1/16)  (Read 7192 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: New year, New project - Sopwith F.1 Camel (1/16)
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 04:48:41 AM »
All of your latest additions look Fantastic! I have used your Camel build as an Inspiration while building My Much Less complex WNW build. Thank You for doing this!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 11:33:35 AM »
Very impressive build  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2020, 12:45:27 AM »
Juergen,
  I keep returning to this post and scrolling through the photos. I am completely in awe of the realism you've created here, some incredibly great modelling on display! It's a genuine pleasure to be able to share and appreciate this beautiful workmanship.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline chowhound

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2020, 04:16:09 AM »
I still have one! ;D 8)
Since I'm struggling with the main tension wires, I don't want to withhold my experiences from you. The English tension wires are known to be made of flat steel. So far so good. If you now use elastic flat thread, it can quickly happen that it turns. This can usually be corrected with just one tension wire, but it looks different, as with the Camel, with two parallel tension wires. That hardly works at all. With a little luck you won't notice it on a scale of 1/32, but 1/16 is a bit bigger. Thank goodness I still had the right size plastic strips from Evergreen in my material store. Shortened to the correct length, provided with short brass tubes and attached to the model. In order to keep the distance between the tension wires, narrow strips of sheet were stuck between the wires (as can also be seen in some original photos). I think that's the cleanest solution.

Cheers
Juergen
Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2020, 08:37:47 AM »
A simple practical solution to a difficult problem - that is what I call intelligent modelling!

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2020, 12:09:21 AM »
A simple practical solution to a difficult problem - that is what I call intelligent modelling!

Stephen.

I agree 100% ! Excellent problem solving skills!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler