Author Topic: FE-8 1/48 scale  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Rip Van Winkle

Re: FE-8 1/48 scale
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 09:43:08 PM »
Great attention to detail!  I don't have the patience for that kind of project. Nice to see a rare build like this.

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:53 PM »
Wonderful modelling Terri,I sure admire your perseverance to complete such a demanding project to so high a level.
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:07 PM »
I remember this one well Terri. I was impressed when you first built the Model and that hasn't changed! Fantastic work!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 10:40:30 PM »
You should do more scratchbuilds!  If you're batty enough to do one, no one will think twice if you do another!   ;D

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 11:32:53 PM »
    First time I've seen this Terri, must have been way back in the Kit Maker days before I started there. What a beauty, and having worked with a Lone Star product in the past the results are doubly impressive! The cockpit is very impressive as is the entire model, maybe a can of compressed air like sold for cleaning computer key boards etc. would help with the dust problem, I've had some success using it along with a soft brush on a few desk models  I have out in the open.
Cheers,
Lance

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 11:55:11 PM »
Outstanding Terri, I too did not see this the first time.  Glad you posted.

Offline IanB

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 12:24:19 AM »
Very nicely done Terri, and thanks for posting those. They'll be useful references!
Was there no panel under the rear nacelle? I thought there was one at an angle, not just open to the innerds.

Ian

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 08:12:36 AM »
Super model Terri. I do not recall seeing this before so I am very pleased that you have posted it again.

This is an under-represented aircraft in my opinion, but it is also a fiddly aircraft to model. Good to see such an excellent example for Ian to follow.

Stephen.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »
Breathtaking in every way, Terri. I really love the Fe-8 and it’s a joy to see such a great model of it.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 11:29:59 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for the very kind and warm comments  :)

Lance , yes this was way back in the KitMaker and Aerodrome days ..12 years ago now . Hard to believe that it is still in one piece and the rigging is still tight . I have tired the can air for dusting but I really don't want to try it on this one . It is very delicate compared to my other WW 1 builds . Works great for my WW 2 subjects ...makes the prop spin ..hehehe ;)

Ian , There should be a rear panel that is angled ( same as DH-2 ) . I left mein off to show off more of the detail . Glad that the pic's help you out  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Vickers

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 01:56:54 AM »
I've occasionally used compressor air to blow the dust from models, but I don't recommend it for biplanes because if it's strong enough to remove all of the dust it's often strong enough to remove parts. I use a couple of different sizes of soft blush brushes (say that 3X fast! LOL) that work great for dusting as long as I'm careful.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 08:43:36 AM »
Boy, do I ever remember this one, T!  Followed along with each agonizing step on the 'drome.  What a marvelous beauty she turned out to be. I think this one showed the modeling world what a truly brilliant modeler you are.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 04:23:33 AM »
Thanks Bud , you made me cry !  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RichieW

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 07:39:14 AM »
Wow, 172 parts added to a 1/48 scale engine is astonishing before even commenting on the finished model. Speaking as someone who struggles to build a kit OOB this is an incredible bit of modelling. Love it!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2020, 11:24:23 AM »
Hi Richie , Ja , took a while . I had to scratch build all the details and everything behind the engine . There is the carb , fuel pump etc etc and all plumbing/fittings . Part count adds up quickly when one gets carried away  ;)

Thank-you for the kind comments  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch