Author Topic: DH-6 1/72nd  (Read 3511 times)

Offline djuggie

Re: DH-6 1/72nd
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2023, 04:16:13 AM »

December 29, 2023

Done!

This was a model I should have put back on the shelf until I felt better.  Hospitals frown on air brushing in your room.  They are funny that way.

I found the kit very hard to build even though it should have been easy.  Square wings, straight fuselage, a box.  Not to be.  I struggled with most of the kit to finally beat it into submission.  Looking back on the DH-6 built 10 years ago, it should not have been that hard.  There are things on the newer model that were not on the older one but nothing major.  The modeller was the problem and he should have stepped aside for a while.  The results are a pleasing looking aircraft but no where near my best work.

Thank you for looking, Dennis

PS:  Does anyone have any information on B2678; squadron, location, date?  The name tag looks a little bare.

Next up:  WNW Pfalz DIIIa, Max Holtzem color scheme.

Offline NigelR

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2023, 07:52:03 PM »
Well done for keeping going to the end! It's a very nice model of an ugly plane.

Offline djuggie

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2023, 10:36:40 PM »
Couldn't sum it up any better.  An ugly plane but I had no idea it would return the favor.  It is in the case sitting next to its older brother. 

Next up will be the WNW Pfalz for my customer.  Then I will need something easy for myself and I need to add to my German collection.  That could mean another Dr1 to add to my collection withing a collection.  Although I do have a lead on an Elf DFW Floh.  Of course the Roadshow could travel again with a German or Italian seaplane.  Wait, that's not easy!  I may not be feeling as good I think.:-)

Dennis

Offline Davos522

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2023, 01:52:44 AM »
Looks great, Dennis, and it's even more impressive considering what an uphill battle it was to get it done. I never took much notice of the D.H.6 before, but now I'm picking them out of the crowd because of this thread.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the WnW Pfalz!

Dutch

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2023, 07:00:34 AM »
I'm sorry to hear of your Christmas troubles Dennis, bravo for sticking with the build as the end result is delightful. And I think this is the first time I've ever seen two DH.6* models together - well done! And I reckon the Pfalz will be a great chaser after the bitterness of this build.

*I really do need to get one for myself.
Zac in NZ

Offline Tim Mixon

• Main focus is 1/72 WWI
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2023, 12:58:07 AM »
Nicely done Dennis. Glad you got this one across the finish line. The pair look great together.  Vaccuform kits pose all kinds of interesting challenges but I find them to be very rewarding.

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2024, 01:40:40 AM »
Looks wonderful!.  Can't believe it is a vucform.