Author Topic: WnW Pup restart  (Read 2311 times)

Offline smperry

Re: WnW Pup restart
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 07:31:00 PM »
Richard
I hadn't looked at it that way. I will have to rig a stand for my hand lens and see how I like it. Least it won't make my forehead sweat like an OV.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 01:40:09 AM »
Nice to see you back on this one .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 02:22:57 PM »
I've been doing all the rigging stuff necessary to get done before adding the top wing. That went on OK and I started hooking up wires, what a rats nest, one thing led to another and the wing cellule is rigged. Ailerons and assorted control wires are all that is left...plus a ton of touch up.
sp

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 10:28:07 PM »
Excellent SP. Your Pup looks great as a rigged bi plane!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 02:41:38 AM »
Only just seen this - that is very good and I for one could not tell that you had problems with the lower wing. I suspect that you will be pleased to finish this one and you should certainly not be ashamed of it - congratulations on giving it the final heave.

BTW blurry eyes and shaky hands seem to be a part of getting older!

Stephen

Offline smperry

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 06:07:48 AM »
Thanks Rick and Stephen. I managed to complete it and put it in the display case. Haven't gotten around to doing any finished photos.

I want to thank all who encouraged me and shared techniques that enabled me to finish the model. Came near to binning it several times, but I'm too cheap to trash a kit this expensive. This one was definitely a learning experience. Hopefully I can put some of it to good use on the next model.

sp

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 06:34:03 AM »
That's a beautiful Pup sp!  Looks wonderful to me.  Well done!

Best regards,

Bob

Offline RichieW

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 07:53:04 AM »
This is one lovely looking Pup. I have one in the stash so amfollowing  with great I interest.