Author Topic: What's going on with the ww1aircraftmodels.com site?  (Read 3935 times)

Offline eclarson

What's going on with the ww1aircraftmodels.com site?
« on: October 19, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
I've been trying all evening to access Des' modeling site but it appears to have vanished.  All I get is a blank page with "Coming Soon" on the tab.   I apologize if this has been discussed in another post but I looked and didn't find mention of a problem.  I certainly hope it's temporary as I reference his build blogs and construction tips regularly.  :(

Eric

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: What's going on with the ww1aircraftmodels.com site?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 03:51:44 PM »
We are currently having some problems with Des' website and I have asked the IT people to look at this.

I don't know how long it will take to resolve but I am assured the issue only affects Des' website and not the Forum.

I'll provide an update as soon as we know what's happening.

Please note it is the weekend here in Australia so it may take a day or two to resolve this issue.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:16:35 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 11:08:26 PM »
We are currently having some problems with Des' website and I have asked the IT people to look at this.

I don't know how long it will take to resolve but I am assured the issue only affects Des' website and not the Forum.

I'll provide an update as soon as we know what's happening.

Please note it is the weekend here in Australia so it may take a day or two to resolve this issue.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Thanks Dave.  Bummer,  but as an IT person myself,  I know about things like that.
Hopefully it's nothing too heinous and they'll get it resolved soon.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
I'm delighted to report that thanks to our hard working IT guy who gave up his Sunday for us, Des' website is now back online and fully operational.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 04:37:10 AM »
I'm delighted to report that thanks to our hard working IT guy who gave up his Sunday for us, Des' website is now back online and fully operational.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Wonderful news!  Yup, it's coming up fine now.  Please extend my thanks and gratitude, from one IT guy to another.  :)

Eric

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
To further update the status of Des' website - ww1aircraftmodels.com - this site has now been tweaked to now feature the forum contact email address rather than Des' now closed email address. It has also been amended to state the website is maintained in memory of Des.

Several people have asked or suggested that we post further articles to the website. There are no plans to do this. I want to maintain the website as 100% Des' content, his builds, his techniques. I don't want to diminish that and thanks to the kind financial donations from members, the website's future as a reference resource is secured for the forseeable future.

The Forum will continue to evolve and expand with more features and articles as our expanding global membership shares the enormous fun we all derive from modelling and our shared passion for the WW1 era.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia