Author Topic: Revell (Eduard) Albatros d.Va 1/48  (Read 4911 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Revell (Eduard) Albatros d.Va 1/48
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »
That's looking really good, Pedja.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 05:22:49 AM »
That is looking very good - mistakes or none. The wood of the fuselage is very effective indeed.

Stephen.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 05:57:24 AM »
Excellent work on the wing camo. Looks great with the wood tones on the fuselage!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 06:07:24 AM »
Really coming alive Pedja.

Pedja

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 06:17:36 AM »
Slow progress here, anyway decals and  some wash added (dry pastels). Not sure is it enough. only on this "macro" pictures i can see where i did some misatkes, my eyes betray me ,slowly, :-X

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:36:20 AM by Pedja »

Online RAGIII

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 10:07:14 PM »
Great job on the markings. Your DVa is looking excellent!
RAGIII

Pedja

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 09:51:24 AM »
Finally  finished. Not so happy with the final result, but anyway, i am  planing to do some more Eduard Albatros.

Thank You for watching..

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »
Nice Albatros Pedja,good work.One thing,if that rigging is mono nylon,it's possible to tighten up any slack rigging with an extinguished match applied near,being careful not to actually touch,the line.You want to be cautious with this(ask me how I know!).

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 12:03:33 AM »
I really like how your Albbie turned out , you do nice clean work . Rigging wires are a tad loose , but it took me a few builds to get the hang of getting the wires taught . Looking forward to your next project  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 01:22:58 AM »
Excellent results on your Albatros! Lovely scheme.
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2020, 02:37:36 AM »
Nothing to be ashamed of with that one. The first model that I rigged was the Revell 1/72 Albatros on which I used stretched sprue. It was much too thick and I quickly replaced it: we learn by doing so I hope that you will make some more biplanes soon.

Stephen.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 03:25:10 AM »
Nice model, I like your livery. And this is not a new generation kit, you did a good job.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 03:37:46 AM »
   Very nice Pedja. I second Dave's suggestion to try the heat method to tighten up the rigging, it will make a big difference once done. I use an old hobby knife blade held in a clamp and heated over a small candle, just be very careful to not get too close or use it too long as a melted line can result. Just take it slow and be patient.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline smperry

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 04:07:14 AM »
I just bought a digital soldering station because I am about to replace a bunch of connectors on batteries. There is a rheostat that allows temperature control. The tip is only 1/8" in diameter and has a sharp tapered point. The heat is constant once set so no need to hold anything over a candle, then hurry to get it under the sagging wire.

I tried it on a parallel pair of heat stretched sprue wires, both with a lot of slack and curved in opposite directions. Started at 200 deg and worked up slowly. 360 deg seemed to work well, not too quickly, but the fine point and constant heat allowed me to straighten out both wires very nicely. No way I could have done parallel wires at the same time with a heated wire or blade.

I bought the iron for the RC side of my hobby, but had I seen it work, I would have bought it just for tightening rigging. Bought it with extra points, a solder pump, tip cleaner and shipping for 66 bucks. Made by BAKU and I got mine from Motion RC. Highly recommended for any rigging method or material that required heat to tighten the wires.
sp

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.