Author Topic: WNW Trade  (Read 1485 times)

Offline aircare84

WNW Trade
« on: April 20, 2020, 06:19:54 AM »
Hello,
I have the following 2 WNW kits for a trade;
Original issue Sopwith Triplane # 32008 & Fokker D.VII (OAW) # 32030
Both sealed & in great condition.
I would trade both for either a Gotha G.IV or Felixstowe (either)
I also have all of the original issue Albatros D.v/D.Va if preferred to one of the above.
Thanks for looking.
Larry
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:37:13 AM by aircare84 »

Offline rolanddvi

Re: WNW Trade
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »
Hi Larry,

Sent you a post regarding the OAW Fokker D.VII.

Mike

Dekenba1

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 06:36:08 AM »
Good luck!

You might have to sweeten that deal with something else, because the Felixstowe's price is close to $300, the Triplane & Fokker D.VII less than $100 each.

Offline aircare84

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
Not so, Both the original Triplane & the Fokker D.VII (OAW) are actually fetching around $200.00.

Also, posted on the Facebook WNW page, but am also looking for a Felixstowe/W29 Dualist kit. Besides the D.VII & Triplane, I have a SE5a & various Camels up for trade/partial trade.
Open for discussion on the trades.
Thanks

Dekenba1

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 08:48:37 AM »
Not so, Both the original Triplane & the Fokker D.VII (OAW) are actually fetching around $200.00.

Also, posted on the Facebook WNW page, but am also looking for a Felixstowe/W29 Dualist kit. Besides the D.VII & Triplane, I have a SE5a & various Camels up for trade/partial trade.
Thanks

$200!? Each?!

Good grief. World's gone mad. It's just nuts!

I wonder what the Felixstowe/W-29 boxing is worth - surely not doubling from $349 to $700?!

I sold somebody a Sopwith Triplane, DH.2 & Jasta 5 boxing last year or year before for $600 - very soon afterwards the Collishaw Triplane version was launched, then the DH.2 Hawker boxing, before finally breaking his heart by releasing multiple Albatros special edition kits.

The moral of the story is that if kits are trading at over twice their original cost, it won't be too long before those kits find their way back onto the market. Especially from China.

From your perspective, trade away before that happens!

Offline Marcus.Q1000859

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:53:06 AM »
I think this is a great idea.
There are no doubt a few people like me who have WNW kits they would happily trade for that special kit they never managed to get.
Let m have a look in the garage

Marcus

Edit: wrong thread.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:40:25 AM by Marcus.Q1000859 »

Offline Vickers

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 12:12:02 PM »

Thanks

I've been watching inflated eBay "Buy It Now" prices on eBay for years just for a few laughs. These sellers may offer a WNW D.VII fro 200 bucks, but they're not getting it. I see their listings expire and relist again and again. My unsolicited advice, if you really want to make a trade on a hobby forum, is to make it equitable.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline eclarson

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 10:36:30 PM »

Thanks

$200!? Each?!

Good grief. World's gone mad. It's just nuts!

I wonder what the Felixstowe/W-29 boxing is worth - surely not doubling from $349 to $700?!

Yes, there is WNW madness on eBay.  A Gotha G.IV recently went for $600 and there's a Hansa W.12, with 2 days to go for its auction, currently at $375.

Eric

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 03:15:04 AM »
The WnW kits are all worth exactly the same. . . What someone’s willing to pay to acquire them!