Author Topic: Aeroclub's Mono Pup  (Read 6200 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Aeroclub's Mono Pup
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 07:47:57 AM »
Great work on the pup - especially like the wood effect and the oil stains on the underside.

Dave
Thank you for your kind comments, Dave.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
Beautiful build Bud. Man, you really have a handle on that pastel shading technique. You're doing killer work with it!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »
Thanks, Chris.  It's really very easy.  Much easier to apply and control than doing it with an airbrush.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 11:29:31 AM »
Thanks, Chris.  It's really very easy.  Much easier to apply and control than doing it with an airbrush.
Cheers,
Bud

I’m pulling at the bit to give it a try.

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
Great Pup's Paddy, they complement each other rather nicely. I'd not seen them before, so thank's very much for sharing!

Cheers,

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
thanks for posting a side by side of the siblings. they really turned out nice. how were the pe struts to deal with? i saw the fret and i'm usually not a fan of them. were the etched on fairly thick brass and such?

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »
Cheers,
Bud

I’m pulling at the bit to give it a try.

Paddy
Go for it, Paddy.  Maybe try it out on your Dr.I.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
Great Pup's Paddy, they complement each other rather nicely. I'd not seen them before, so thank's very much for sharing!

Cheers,

Andrew
Thanks, Andrew.  So glad you like them.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
thanks for posting a side by side of the siblings. they really turned out nice. how were the pe struts to deal with? i saw the fret and i'm usually not a fan of them. were the etched on fairly thick brass and such?
Thanks, Scott.  I was reluctant to try them at first, but they are on a separate, thicker fret and when the leading and trailing edges are filed to shape, they look pretty convincing.  On the second Pup, I was going to use the white metal struts (Aeroclub provides both), but they were a bit too short.  My fault, I'm sure.  I think you would enjoy this kit, buddy.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »
Lovely builds there Bud.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 01:58:27 AM »
Cheers,
Bud

I'm still searching for that 'easy' part Bud!  ;D  I can see that a lot more practise will be required before I approach your level of expertise. Your shading is top drawer.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Galloway

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 04:33:33 AM »
A+s builds Bud !

Still need to get my hands on one of these kits!

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 06:20:38 AM »
Thank you, Pete, Chris and Ken! 

Chris, it's best if you grind the pastel stick on a fine cheese grater (don't tell my wife) and use an eye shadow applicator to apply it (I bought my own-embarassing).  Use light, even strokes on a matt finish to get the desired effect, brush off the excess, remove the masking tape, then smooth it out with a cotton swab or bud, depending on what part of the world you're in.

Ken, I'd love to see you build one of these.  I know you'd do a masterful job.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »
Wow, two gorgeous models, wish I could do that sort of work, love the exhaust stains on the bottom and the highlighting on the wings.
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »
Thank you, N.  I'm sure you can do just as well or better.
Cheers,
Bud