Author Topic: The winners of the Group Build After Build competition are....  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
The winners of the Group Build After Build competition are....
« on: November 19, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
Ray Rimell has completed his judging of the Forum's Group Build After Build extension GB in which four members completed their builds after the main GB ended.

We are delighted to announce that all four of the entrants are prize winners!

The overall winner is Stephen Foster- Lone Modeller- with his superb 1/72 scale scratchbuilt Caproni CA5.

Second place goes to Bob Booth - Bob's Buckles for his 1/32 scale Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane, followed by Kent Karlsen for his Roden 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1 and Ian Shippee for his Wingnut Wings RNAS Pup.

Albatros Productions sponsored the After Build and Ray says he is sending prize packs to all four winners comprising packages containing Americal decals, HGW sets and several  bonus decals for each from his large decal collection. The winner Stephen Foster, also  receives a Caproni Ca3 DATAFILE.

As Forum, Owner I also provided a special prize which has been awarded to Bob Booth- Bob's Buckles- for his heartfelt memorial Sopwith Triplane tribute build to our late founder Des Delatorre. Bob's prize is a Wingnut Wings Sopwith 2F.1 Ship's Camel from Des' own model stash.

My sincere thanks to Ray Rimell for sponsoring this first ever group build extension and warmest congratulations to the members who completed their builds.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Gisbod

Re: The winners of the Group Build After Build competition are....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 06:45:45 PM »
Well done all!

Bob won’t be able to cope with another kit!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »
Congrats to all. I loved each build in the after build. All were fitting Tributes to Des!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Robin

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:54:11 PM »
Congrats all. :)

Robin
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 12:39:54 AM »
   Sincere congratulations to our Winners and Thanks to Ray Rimell and Albatros for the extra support to the Forum. The Memorial Group Build was a tremendous success, and such a wonderful tribute to the Founder, Des, and his dear Spouse as well. The future of our special group and of the Forum is bright!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:28:23 AM »
Guys,
 I am truly humbled by the generosity of both Ray & Dave.
Ray's gift arrived today and all I can say is WOW! I'm just blown away.
Thank you both so much.

Dave, I will cherish Des' Sopwith 2F.1 Ship's Camel. An amazing gift and one I hope will do us all proud when she is built.

I need a cup of tea (with a splash of single malt) to calm me down!

Before I go and put the kettle on, let this be said.
This forum is the first place I look-in on every morning and the last stop before turning off the computer. I am lucky to be part of a group of like minded modellers, all sharing our knowledge with the aim of helping those coming into or those established within the hobby. This forum never gets old. It only improves with age and we can thank Des and now Dave for bringing us all together. Long may that continue.

Tonight, I will raise my glass to Des and his memory. Rest in peace dear friend.

Bob  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 07:42:02 AM »
Evening All,

Earlier today a large envelope was pushed through my door by the postman and I could not understand why. This evening I read this thread - and had to pick myself up from the floor....
Thank you Dave and Ray for the compliments and prize, of which this is part:

The DataFiles are true mines of information and I value them very highly, not least because of the many photos and super plans therein. I just hope that this was not a hint for my next build.... I have seen one of these in 1/72 scale and it is a forest of struts and maze of rigging. It also had very thin wings which makes for an interesting problem because the span is not small either.... But at least I now have some Italian transfers, so if I do decide to take the plunge at some time in the future I will not have to paint the cockades.

I would like to repeat Bob's comment about this forum: it is both a pleasure and a privilege to belong to this group - truly the best dedicated to WW1 topics, with such a friendly and knowledgeable bunch of dedicated modellers and historians. I have learned so much since I joined - both modelling and history, and all because Des set up the group and Dave continues to keep it going. Thanks too to Lance and the other moderators who continue to maintain the spirit that Des established - a warm welcome to all and light touch control. This forum is a wonderful tribute to his memory - long may it continue.

Rest in peace Des - we will not forget you.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 11:43:00 AM »
Congrats guys ! All very deserving indeed  8)

Genial !!! (awesome in german)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 04:16:26 AM »
Wow! I am floored, I never expected such recognition amongst such outstanding talent! Thanks very much to the forum and the judges, to think merely 2 years ago I had never even rigged a model and now I’ve developed to having a preferred method! This forum is so informative and supportive, it’s a wonderful place to learn and share. Next I’ll have to tackle learning to airbrush!

Bughunter

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 06:09:28 AM »
Congratulation to all winners, and special thanks to Ray for this great support!

With the new Datafile the overall winner Stephen is now locked into scratching Caproni aircrafts? ;D

Cheers,
Frank

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 11:00:12 AM »
Both very deserving entries!!

Steve

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 08:29:10 PM »
Congratulations gents, I'm ashamed of not ending my build but it was a real pleasure to follow your ones. Hope for better next time.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Borsos

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
Oh... Sorry guys for being so late: Congratulations to all winners and a „thumbs up“ to all those who made the GBAGB competition possible.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 03:23:05 AM »
So Guy's an envelope turned up in Denmark too!

Thank you Ray & Dave for this honor. Now I will have to do more 'Fokkers' in the future...
I'm sorry I wasn't able to finish what I have set out to do, but I will eventually get there, promise.

Regards: Kent

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 03:25:20 AM »
Well deserved, Kent!
Congrats  ;)

Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith