Author Topic: Little Murders: a 1971 Movie vs My Modeling  (Read 2876 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: Little Murders: a 1971 Movie vs My Modeling
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 04:34:11 AM »
First Thanks to all for the encouragement, it is greatly appreciated. I spent a couple of weeks without doing any Modeling then picked up on an Old stalled build of the Meteor F4 from HK and started the Kinetic Sabre Mk.6.

I finally made the cuts to install the corrected engine Nacelles on the Meteor:

and started the interior on the Sabre:

The Meteor is from 56 squadron RAF and the Sabre is JG71 "Richthofen"...so still on Mission for My collections  8)

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 04:40:29 AM »
Looks to me as though you are getting back into the swing of modelling again Rick. Sometimes I have evenings when I do nothing - returning after even a short break makes the hobby more enjoyable.

Stephen.

Offline Robin

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 06:32:22 AM »
Vive la différence...two nice ones you have there.

Keep us informed about the progress please. :)

Robin
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 08:23:33 AM »
How do you do the rigging on one of those?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Edo

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »
in my opinion the sabre is one of the best looking planes ever... so, really good choice!
i can’t wait to see how it tourns out!
ciao
edo

Offline Ryan

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 05:02:08 AM »
After attending the IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga I have been in a state of Depression concerning My builds. Looking at the quality I realized that over the years I have accepted a lower standard than what I did in the late 80s when I was competing. My participation and posting of builds kind of reminds Me of an obscure 1971 Movie called "Little Murders" starring Elliot Gould. He was a photographer whos photos were praised no matter how bad or out of focus. His thought was that they were "Dog Crap". So he began to take photos of the aforementioned and they were successful!  My point here is that I am moving away from posting build logs that really don't offer any quality. I am also moving out of WW1 for a bit of a change. I will of course, continue to watch and comment on all of the builds here.
RAGIII

PS: Not looking for a bunch of your stuff is great comments, just facing My own realizations.

Hey I was at that show and missed you!

At least you finish something, I get so crippled with perfection that nary a kit appears on my shelf.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 04:44:37 PM »

At least you finish something, I get so crippled with perfection that nary a kit appears on my shelf.

Ryan
[/quote]

Me too Ryan! Nightmare

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Ryan

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 10:05:20 PM »
What can be done about this Guy?
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 05:51:59 AM »
First it was great to actually meet you in "nooga"! With our recent move and trying to get the new place all set up have not done any modeling or kept up as closely with this forum; so I was somewhat dismayed by the" lead" of this thread. The results , due to  the comments and encouragement, seem to have reversed the downward slide and happy to see the F-86 and Meteor going.  Will just ad that modeling is fun and for you to keep posting, sharing the joy doubles what an person gets  rather than just keeping it inside ( especially if the thought is it is not as good as somebody else's work)

Your  Amigo,

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 12:03:11 PM »
First it was great to actually meet you in "nooga"! With our recent move and trying to get the new place all set up have not done any modeling or kept up as closely with this forum; so I was somewhat dismayed by the" lead" of this thread. The results , due to  the comments and encouragement, seem to have reversed the downward slide and happy to see the F-86 and Meteor going.  Will just ad that modeling is fun and for you to keep posting, sharing the joy doubles what an person gets  rather than just keeping it inside ( especially if the thought is it is not as good as somebody else's work)

Your  Amigo,

Ed
I can only echo our Amigo's comments.  I, too, get that way from time to time and jump on a vehicle kit when that happens.  I've also got  an Airfix Spitfire waiting in the wings (sorry) for when it gets really bad.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence