Author Topic: Missing part WNW Roland C.IIa  (Read 1123 times)

Offline rolanddvi

Missing part WNW Roland C.IIa
« on: October 04, 2019, 05:59:50 AM »
Hi all,
I seem to have misplaced part number H19, the ammunition box, for this kit. Anyone got a spare?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Missing part WNW Roland C.IIa
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:30:29 AM »
Hi all,
I seem to have misplaced part number H19, the ammunition box, for this kit. Anyone got a spare?

Thanks,
Mike

This probably isn't the advice you need

I have fitted a forward firing gun to a C.II (the late 'early' planes had one) and made the parts I needed

I didn't make an ammunition box because you can't see it behind the instrument panel

Check out what can be seen on your model, you may get away without one

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 09:56:39 AM »
Thanks or the response Richard. I did think of that and will see how it looks when I get ready to close it up. Since almost no one sees my models those that do don't know enough about WWI aviation to know if something like that would be missing. On the other hand, I would know it's not there and that could bug the crap out of me..... :)

I also sent an e-mil to Dave at WNW. If I would have to buy the whole sprue just to get one part I would have to think on that.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 05:29:22 AM »
Hello Richard,

I took your advice and proceeded without the part. Looks good and you are absolutely correct. If I had the part you would only be able to see a very small piece of it. Time to move along with the build.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Mike