Author Topic: New Austrian A/C kit in production at WNW!  (Read 11255 times)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: New Austrian A/C kit in production at WNW!
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2019, 12:06:53 AM »
I know this is a WNW thread, but I, too, plan to get the Copper State offering.  The CAD images that are available for both kits show to me that the Copper State offering is showing more detail, "under the hood" especially.  As an example, I especially like the way Copper State is proposing to show the entire fuel tank compared with WNW.  There also appears to be allowance for showing off this internal detail near the engine that WNW is not showing in their CAD.  I also like how the framing of the fuselage internal structure from the cockpit forward is separate from the wall of the fuselage, whereas, the framing is on the wall of the WNW offering.  Just my  $0.02.
Honor Necessity

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2019, 01:32:22 AM »
Eric,

i think comparing is fair game. chances are it was totally an accident and an unhappy surprise for both CSM and WNW, but the bottom line is they are kitting the same aircraft. and most of us will pick one or the other.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2019, 05:54:01 AM »
It is just a shame that most likely WnW will be 'winner' when it comes to sales. They are a much more well known brand name now and that will hurt the sales of CSM.
I will be getting the CSM release, if only to support the 'little guy' but I am sure it will be a great kit, like all the others they have done.

Hidde from Holland

Offline wmcgill

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2019, 07:31:36 AM »
Interestingly this was announced on August 26...

Only an engine to go on...could it be an Albatros D3?

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3206&cat=5

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
It is just a shame that most likely WnW will be 'winner' when it comes to sales. They are a much more well known brand name now and that will hurt the sales of CSM.
I will be getting the CSM release, if only to support the 'little guy' but I am sure it will be a great kit, like all the others they have done.

Hidde from Holland

wasn't that long ago WNW were an upstart stepping on Roden's toes coincidentally/accidentally.

while Roden make very nice kits, they're not quite WNW level. CSM is. IMO both CSM and WNW will be quite fine. (PS i'll be getting the CSM also, probably 2).