Author Topic: Future/Klear/Pledge Floor Care/Revive It ist Kaput  (Read 2502 times)

Offline WD

Future/Klear/Pledge Floor Care/Revive It ist Kaput
« on: April 06, 2022, 09:30:58 AM »
Forumites,
                 For those that use and/or are fans of Future/Klear/Pledge Floor Care/Revive It for you modeling needs for gloss coat, decals, canopy dipping, etc. you might want to run out and grab some while you can. S. C. Johnson has announced they've discontinued this and all of their floor care products. Their email stated:

"Thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry to share PledgeŽ Floor Care is no longer being made. That said, your continued interest has been shared with the PledgeŽ team."

I asked for more clarity, since some of my online modeling friends doubted me, and got this today:

"I'm sad to say that's a yes. PledgeŽ Revive Floor Gloss has been discontinued along with the rest of our PledgeŽ floor cleaners"

It's the end of an era.

One doubting friend went to his online haunts, and *POOF* it's gone. I went to my local grocery store (we only have one, live in a rural area) where there were four bottles when I happened to buy a bottle last week, and the bottles are gone, as is the SKU sticker.

SO, if you're a fan of this stuff, and a bottle will last a long time, better get going and get some.

As for me and my house, I was looking to use something else to gloss-coat before decaling, but I still want to use it for canopies.

FWIW, YMMV, HTH,

WD

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: Future/Klear/Pledge Floor Care/Revive It ist Kaput
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 03:37:36 AM »
Those of us outside the USA dealt with this a few years ago, I'm very sorry to hear it's finally official there too.
Zac in NZ

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 05:56:18 AM »
Those of us outside the USA dealt with this a few years ago, I'm very sorry to hear it's finally official there too.

I thought y'all could still get it there under one of the dozen name changes it went through.

WD

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »
I still have a full bottle which will last me a life time , sad as it is hope others can find that last bottle still kicking around .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 03:15:00 AM »
I thought y'all could still get it there under one of the dozen name changes it went through.

WD
For a few years, but for some time it's been other brands. I think others with more experience can explain it better as it's not been in my toolbox since 2009.
Zac in NZ

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »

WD
For a few years, but for some time it's been other brands. I think others with more experience can explain it better as it's not been in my toolbox since 2009.

What do you use instead Zac?

Andrew (from across the ditch)
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 12:06:49 AM »
I could see a model products company approaching Johnson & Johnson to purchase rights to the product and sell it at a premium.

Offline WD

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 10:26:41 AM »

WD

I bought another bottle to store away "just in case". In coming back to modeling* I've decided I'd like to try and use other products to do a clear coat before decals, but there are some things this stuff is good at.

WD

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2022, 01:02:56 AM »
WD,
    What product(s) have you in mind? I've done a pretty thorough search locally and had no luck, and my last bottle is 10 years old, starting to "cloud", and near empty! :(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2022, 05:28:00 AM »
What do you use instead Zac?

Andrew (from across the ditch)
I only used Future/Klear for a few months in the late 2000s as I'd read so much about it in forums like this, decanted it all into a not-Tupperware container, forgot about it and it dried up. About ten years ago a friend pointed out I really needed to use some kind of gloss before decalling (as well as solutions) so have been using Humbrol's Gloss to my wallet's despair. Our own Dave_W has suggested a long-life floor polish from Bunnings which I intend to investigate once my pay's all in order.
Zac in NZ

Offline WD

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 06:00:50 AM »
WD,
    What product(s) have you in mind? I've done a pretty thorough search locally and had no luck, and my last bottle is 10 years old, starting to "cloud", and near empty! :(
Cheers,
Lance

Lance,
           I've bought a series of clears from MRP (gloss, semi-gloss, flat, etc.) which is an acrylic lacquer. I have also heard great things about Aqua Gloss from Alclad. I'm in the middle of watching some videos from Will Pattison on decaling and decal solutions. He is in the camp that glossing for decals isn't necessary, and later in the video he's supposed to show why. I really like his videos, etc. because he actually explains the science behind why something does, or doesn't work. I've yet to be steered wrong by his advice.

WD