Author Topic: Wingnut Wings 1/32 Sopwith Dolphin Major A.D. Carter No. 19 Squadron RFC  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Wingnut Wings 1/32 Sopwith Dolphin Major A.D. Carter No. 19 Squadron RFC
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »
Nice recovery on the markings . I have this kit in the stash and when it comes time to build it I will coat the decals with Testers Decal Bonder to be on the safe side .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline nbrangers

• Nunquam non paratus!
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2019, 09:53:20 PM »
That might help. Good luck.

Offline AlbertD

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
Your Dolphin looks great.

I just finished applying the horrible decals on mine the day before yesterday. I had exactly the same problems you did. I also contacted WNW and they offered me a new set. It was already too late at that point. I just wanted to let them know they were bad. In their replay they said it was a bad batch that got through and it was mostly the white that had the problem and they should have it resolved. I had to touch mine up with paint and they turned out decent enough. Mine also had trouble sticking down. They were just bad all around. I sure hope the set on the next kit are better. So many people have such good things to say about the WNW decals it has to be a fluke.

Al

Offline nbrangers

• Nunquam non paratus!
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2019, 11:40:55 PM »
It's sad but true. Both sheets I tried, the original one from the kit and the replacement sheet WNW sent me, were the same--terrible. As I said earlier though, masking and painting the roundels and vertical stripes on the rudder proved surprisingly easy and effective.