Author Topic: WNW Website Problem?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Trackpad

WNW Website Problem?
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »
Anyone else notice a problem with the WNW website? Seems as if, when you try to access a particular page, the system defaults back to the "Featured Releases" page. Or, when trying to get a large version of a photo in Hints and Tips, the system takes you to another Hint or Tip. I'm trying to see modeller's models, especially the Biff, in order to check on a few details in my build. But when I try to get to the Biff photos, I'm taken back to the "Featured Releases" page. I've never seen this before. Any ideas as to what's happening?  ???
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline rhallinger

Re: WNW Website Problem?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
I have been havng the same problem on my desktop computer, so I ordered my Benz Bz.IV engine through my iPhone this week.  The FAQ on the WNW website refers to security settings on your computer which may need to be changed.  We need a tech head to tell us what to do.  ;)

Regards,

Bob

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »
I have had no problems with the site, I ordered a kit today and all went well.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:02:59 AM »
RB has it. For some reason the site goes into a "loop"

Steve

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 05:59:12 AM »
Thanks RB!  I managed to stumble around my desktop until I figured out how to delete cookies for the WNW site, and now it works perfectly.  I am in your debt.   ;)

Regards,

Bob

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 01:31:28 PM »
Thanks RB!  I managed to stumble around my desktop until I figured out how to delete cookies for the WNW site, and now it works perfectly.  I am in your debt.   ;)

Regards,

Bob

Bob,

Please clue me in. I've apparently deleted cookies (Windows Internet Explorer), but there is no change to what I get on WNW website. What's your secret??
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
For me the answer was to use a different internet browser - in my case Apple Safari
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
Problem solved. Found the "Temporary Internet Files" folder and sorted out the cookies. All is well once again in WNW Land!
Cheers!
Gary