Author Topic: Copper State Models announces a Nieuport 21 kit among various projects underway  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Copper State Models has confirmed it has a 1/32 scale Nieuport 21 kit in development and plans are also underway for a Nieuport 23 as well as more Nieuport 17 boxings.

In a busy production year, Edgar Liepinsh confirmed for Forum members that Copper State Models is powering ahead with multiple projects right now with the much-awaited 1/48th scale Handley Page O/400 resin kit likely to be ready for pre orders in a week or so. Edgar says they are expecting the decals from Cartograf in about a week and then pre orders can begin.

Also close to completion are special decals for an Italian Nieuport 17 option which is likely to be sold as an aftermarket item rather than a whole new reboxing of the Nieuport kit.

He says once the Nieuport 21 project is realised, CSM will issue a special RFC edition of its Nieuport 17 kit. This will be a reboxing with RFC decals and necessary extra plastic parts for an RFC machine and is likely to be a big seller among RFC modellers. A Nieuport 23 project is in the queue after that.

Meanwhile the much-anticipated 1/35 scale Romfell Panzerwagen , an Austro-Hungarian WW1 armoured car is well advanced and Edgar says it could be released at the end of the northern summer, around September maybe.

Just to keep the armoured car buzz going, CSM is also doing a 1/35 Lanchester "Russian Service" version equipped with a 37mm Hotchkiss gun. With additional plastic parts, including transparent parts for the headlights. This is due for release this year.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline James

A Nieuport 23 in Belgian markings would be sweet.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
I see many more Nieuports will be added to the stash  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Jeff K

whooooaaaaa

great news. Edgar had mentioned the RFC N.17 and Italian decals but the N.21 and N.23 are happy surprises.

i'm a have to live a few hundred more years to build all the stuff i want.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Outstanding, all the best to Edgar and his team.  :D

Offline RAGIII

Outstanding News! The 23 will save a conversion I was thinking of doing  8) I will have to have all of the Nieuports !
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Olieslagers

Very nice, but I still like to see a Hanriot or any Italian amphibian! The Hanriot would have Belgian colors, of course.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
Actually, as the Ni11/16 share the rear fuselage with the Ni17 et al at the exact break that's on the kit, I think that the Ni11 and derives will be on the horizon.  Just my thoughts.

Offline Rob_Owens

Filling the paypal wallet in joyous anticipation! ;D