Author Topic: Question about the OAW Fokker DVII Axle Wing  (Read 947 times)

Offline RAGIII

Question about the OAW Fokker DVII Axle Wing
« on: June 01, 2019, 05:40:24 AM »
In the DVII anthology vol. 2 book Dave Roberts mentions that the OAW DVII axle wing was shorter in span than Fokker and Albatros built versions. He also mentions that conical wheel covers/ wheels were used to keep the overall span about the same. WNW gives the provision for this in their kit but only show one of the five options being reduced in their instructions, this one being a later production aircraft). So My question is do I cut the axle wing for DU Doch Nicht( An early production version), or just leave it as is? I am aware of course that no one even knows for sure if DDN was OAW so this is kind of a for what it is worth question  :-\
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

Re: Question about the OAW Fokker DVII Axle Wing
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:48:39 PM »
How did you model the guns / combing? If you mounted them high as on late production OAW airframes you could cut down the winglet, but otherwise standard width is a batter bet. Note the axle itself remained the same width in either configuration.

Thanks for the input! The Machine guns are in the mid position so I have decided to go with the standard Axle wing.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler