Author Topic: Latest from my workbench  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Latest from my workbench
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:25 AM »
Just to show that I am still bashing away at models, here are some images of current projects.

First is an almost completed Copper State Models 1/35 Lanchester armoured car. The crew figure is a mashup of Masterbox bits with a Hornet head and the Arab gentleman and camel are sourced from a Masterbox set. The Lanchester is a great kit and a real joy to make. Vehicle weathering is next.

Next is work in progress on the Wingnuts 1/32 Junkers D.1. It's OOB as my hands adjust to post carpal tunnel surgery and the impact of diabetic nerve damage. A Wingnuts Pfalz DXII and Sopwith Camel were both consigned to the spares bin before things settled down so the Junkers is important for morale reasons. A fantastic kit and I'm loving it. Ray Rimell's invaluable publication on building the Junkers kit is essential! It and the Wingnuts' outstanding instruction booklet give you everything you need to make this model.

I'm finding the many builds over on the Des Delatorre group build page to be very inspirational and I am in awe of the astonishing talents of so many of our members. Thank you all for your inspiration and sharing your model fun with us all.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Latest from my workbench
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:26:36 AM »
Dave,
    Both very nice works, I'd say you have anything but lost the "touch"! I've resisted the D.I to date however after seeing this and one in progress by fellow Forum Member and  and neighbor James (Knaus) at our local Club Meetings I'm starting to waver a bit!
Nicely done!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 05:13:03 PM »
Very nice armoured car and the beginning of the Ju DI. Very clean work on both models.
I wish you a full and quick recovery from your troubles.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 05:25:38 PM »
Sorry to hear that Dave, best wishes!

You don’t look like you’ve lost your touch at all!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:08:48 PM »
Hi Dave, I wish you as well a quick recovery, and can't imagine the awesomeness of our work after your problems will be solved!!!

Antonio

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 04:47:22 AM »
Both prpects look awesome! Best of luck with your recovery and learning to deal with the damage!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 05:03:42 AM »
I too hope that you are able to make a complete and hopefully quick recovery from your problems. The armoured car shows beyond any doubt that you have not lost your touch - only your confidence. The Junkers is as good as any that I have seen on this forum (and they have been very very good). Your models are inspirational to us too as they show what can be done even after illness has caused temporary disability.

Stephen.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:55:36 AM »
 Dave,
I hope your health issues with improve my old friend. I honestly can't imagine dealing with both Carpal Tunnel difficulties and Diabetic Nerve damage. Just dealing with Diabetic Nerve Damaged hand is plenty enough by itself. Outstanding progress on you Junkers D.I. Looking forward to following along progress.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Super job on both projects Dave , I really like the Lanchester . I watch a few builds of this kit and it is a outstanding .  Looking forward to seeing it weathered  :) Junkers is coming along very well too   :) Best wishes on speedy recovery and adjusting to reworking the fingers , you will do just fine  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 11:19:50 AM »
Yes, Dave, all the best.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde