Author Topic: 1/32 Fokker EV/DVIII decals  (Read 18854 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

Re: 1/32 Fokker EV/DVIII decals
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
Thanks so much for all the good wishes. In the last two days I've been back to hospital for a scan to check on any remaining cancer - nothing found, yippeee! and today I've had a stress test on the heart (they do work you hard!) and all is working well, double yippee!!

There has been a small delay in sending out the EV decals, as I found a slight printing error (wrong colour used) and decided to modify the Jasta 6 cowling decals a little after a test - nothing massive but better to get this right than not. The added decals will be here early next week and Sabine will send them out from 25th July.

I've also decided that I'll be doing a comprehensive etched upgrade for the Mikro Mir/Avis kit (working on that now - more details soon but it will include a full under-fuselage area with separate access door and fastners, and a replacement top deck, strut hardware, fabric stitching, internal details etc.) to go with Richard's Aviattic seat and his replacement resin cowling (to be released a little further down the road). So, with a replacement engine from WNW or the resin one from Vector, Richard's lozenge decals and our two sets of marking decals there should be some nice EVs appearing over time! (just hope that WNW don't pop one out now........).

Two new decal sets to be announced later today - including the first lot for the Camel.... any guesses??
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 12:35:11 AM »
Rowan,   
   It's all good news, starting with your health checks of course; so glad you've continued to recover to perfect form!
   Looks like I may be "parking" the E.V a bit longer, the "strut hardware" you mention has caught my attention. I have modified the top cowl to my satisfaction but have been pondering the strut to wing and fuselage connections a lot, and to no success I might add. With the small delay on the decals it might be well worth waiting for your etched set for the strut additions.
   As for the Camel Sets, no guesses however great news and better timing!!! (I just started one yesterday :))
Keep up the great work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 02:25:10 AM »
Can't tell you how happy I am to see that you've gotten a clean bill of health, Rowan!  Please take better care of yourself from here on out, my old friend.  You're much needed and appreciated.
Cheers,
Bud

PS-As for the first Camel offering, I'm betting on 210 Squadron, although I'm really hopping for the red and white sunburst 2F.1.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline petrov27

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 05:48:32 AM »
I've also decided that I'll be doing a comprehensive etched upgrade for the Mikro Mir/Avis kit (working on that now - more details soon but it will include a full under-fuselage area with separate access door and fastners, and a replacement top deck, strut hardware, fabric stitching, internal details etc.) to go with Richard's Aviattic seat and his replacement resin cowling (to be released a little further down the road). So, with a replacement engine from WNW or the resin one from Vector, Richard's lozenge decals and our two sets of marking decals there should be some nice EVs appearing over time! (just hope that WNW don't pop one out now........).

sounds great - will the etch include the little under-wing access doors for the aileron control wires? Also a replacement fold up ammo container maybe?  :)
-Patrick

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »
Wow Rowan! All of the EV goodies sound Terrific! Between you and Richard I am going to be in Major Debt  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline AndRoby67

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
Hi Rowan!
I'm Roberto Andervill from Italy and some years ago we had some emails about the 1/72nd scale sheet for Macchi M.5 and Italian Hanriots Hd.I (what's the fate of this sheet?).
First I'm happy to read to your health is good.
Second, the 1/32nd kit of the E.V/D.VIII have inside suggestion for realize italian civil I-ELIA in its all red version. Why not to prepare a "bonus" decal sheet for the ones that wants to realize a civil flying razor?
I attach the only known photo (to me) of this a/c. In my opinon and following the rules of our civil aviation in the twenties the code letters are black inside a white field sourrounded by black outline. You may see this under main wing in photo.
Hope you choose to prepare this set!
Cheers,
Roberto