Author Topic: LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale  (Read 4914 times)

Offline Doug Mace

Re: LVG C.VI Wingnut Wings 1:32 Scale
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 03:38:23 AM »
Yes, artwork it is, Lance...as ever, but I do actually believe you outdo yourself with each build...if that's even possible, and I dearly hope the build of your LVG's counterpart, the Clerget Camel, is nigh.     -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 07:50:12 AM »
Thank you very much Doug, you are too kind! I'm pleased to say the Duelist Box is empty, the Clerget Camel was finished (In an alternative scheme) here:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9758.0

I have another Clerget Version that I hope to do as Barker's B 6313 in the new year.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »
Very Nice Lance. !

I remember your Camel and look for to seeing which stage you do Barker's !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 11:42:33 AM »
very nice LVG - excellent build and finish! So good to see another one built....
-Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
Thank you both! Ed, I'm still not sure which iteration of B6313 I'll do but I'm leaning towards the earlier configuration.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Europapete

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 01:14:44 AM »
Well, that one came out fantastic Lance. Well done. The overall look of the model is spot on. Regards Pete in RI

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2018, 02:47:08 AM »
Thanks for dropping by and for your comments Pete! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2019, 07:06:09 AM »
Somehow I managed to miss the completion of this one... I remember we were in pretty much the same phase when overspraying lozenge decals, but somehow this LVG is beautifully finished and my D.VII still isn't!
That's a very sharp LVG and thanks for making an extensive build log, I know the amount of time it takes, but it is really inspiring! (though I choose a Camel as my next build, thanks to some great Camels featured here, including yours!)

Jeroen

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2019, 07:27:35 AM »
Jeroen,
    Thanks for looking in. Those Camel kits are tempting, aren't they!? I have three in the stash and once I finish my "Off Topic" Build I'm tempted to start one.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 08:38:22 AM »
Wow Lance this turned out well indeed - congratulations on another masterpiece. Hopefully we'll see this one at the Nanton show!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 10:04:41 AM »
Thanks Gary, good to hear from you again! Yes, it's going to the Nanton Contest along with a Camel for now.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 06:05:21 AM »
Jeroen,
    Thanks for looking in. Those Camel kits are tempting, aren't they!? I have three in the stash and once I finish my "Off Topic" Build I'm tempted to start one.
Cheers,
Lance

They sure are! I've done some basic engine work and filled a whole bunch of pinholes, more then I could remember on my Fokker. I'll post a build log when I have more to show! :)
That off-topic Voodoo is nice too, I have the Revell 1/72 F-101B as well as the Hasegawa RF-101C -the last one is fully rescribed and pretty much waiting for assembly. Currently too much in WWI-mode, though!

Jeroen

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2019, 08:48:41 AM »
   I'm looking forward to getting back to a WWI subject, Jeroen. The 101 is proving a long Build, it takes a lot of filling, filing, and sanding to get a decent result with this kit. It will be nice to get back to some good solid engineering with something out of the WWI Stash!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »
I can imagine that... I have a 1/72 AZ models MiG-17 which is one of the most awfully fitting and most senselessy engineerd models I've ever worked on. I think I used half a bottle of Zap-a-Gap on that, and it's now waiting for primer. I just can't get myself to priming it again, sure I'll find more spots needing sanding and filling. I'm not afraid of sanding an filling, and have built my part of poorly fitting kits, but this one trumps them all. I don't know when, but I will get it done eventually!

Those KH F-101s aren't know for their great fit either.. Good luck!

Jeroen