Author Topic: Tommy's War 50% Off Flash Sale!  (Read 1141 times)

Offline FarEast

Tommy's War 50% Off Flash Sale!
« on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:26 AM »

Tommy’s War is the award winning brand of model figures devoted to the First World War.

Over the course of the next weekend, Friday 15th July to Monday 18th July I will be discounting everything on this website by 50%. Yes, every product available will be reduced by half for that limited time.

Collectors Club members will still be able to use their membership number and qualify for a further 10% off!

So, if you’ve had your eye on anything on the website, this weekend offers you a the chance.

Darren

Please note that the offer runs from Friday 15th July 12.00 PM GMT to Monday 18th July 12.00 PM GMT, strictly while stocks last. Offer applies to website orders only.

This is perfect timing to stock up on models and miniatures for the up coming Diorama Group Build Des is planning!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Tommy's War 50% Off Flash Sale!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
Tommys War figures are the best in the business in my opinion. I'm sorry to hear sales have slowed and will be doing my bit to support Darren.

He also does some beautiful resin artillery pieces and ammo limber plus artillery figures - ideal for that GB diorama coming up!

Buy with confidence!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline FarEast

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
Just spent over £350 on his products - I bought a few of his Thorneycroft lorries that had gone OOP that they found! More than happy to pay top dollar for those!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:45:14 AM »
Just looked in at the Tommys War 50 per cent off sale and while the prices are good, the postage is horrendous. Trying to buy a 7 pounds figure, the checkout says the "table rate" for postage of the figure to Australia is 10.15 pounds. Seems steep for a very small package.

I'd like to support Tommys War but it seems Royal Mail will be the major beneficiaries of the sale.

Anyone know what the actual postage might/ should be?

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 10:01:53 AM »
David, a few days ago I just purchased two Thornycroft truck kits from Darren at Tommy's War and postage was £12, your postage of £10.50 for a small package seems very excessive.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 03:23:08 PM »
Are there Thornycrofts left? They are not listed any more...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 03:48:25 PM »
I contacted Darren at Tommy's War asking if he had any truck kits left, he said he had one each of the Thornycroft 18pdr Anti-Aircraft truck and the Thornycroft General Service truck, I grabbed both of them. If you contact Darren he may still have one or two stashed away somewhere, go to the Tommy's War website and click the 'contact us' button.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »
I did, thank you! :)
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.