Author Topic: Near Disaster  (Read 1112 times)

Offline gedmundson

Near Disaster
« on: March 27, 2016, 02:27:41 AM »
Hi Folks,
With a couple of forum members sharing CA glue mishaps, I thought I'd show a near-distaster involving a bottle of black Vallejo acrylic paint. During a recent project, I wanted to squeeze a couple of drops of paint onto a small piece of polyethylene. With no paint wanting to come out, I must have squeezed too hard and the bottle virtually exploded as the plastic end popped out and about 80% of the paint came out in all directions. My work area couldn't have been more cluttered with pre-painted parts everywhere. But luckily enough, not one of those parts got a drop of paint on them - it was a lucky day for me. But the clean up involved my clothes, the floor, and many spots in a 4 foot radius.

Cheers,
Gary
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:05:04 PM by gedmundson »

Offline Dirigible-Al

Re: Near Distaster
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 03:02:32 AM »
I once accidently tipped paint over a nearly finished model and that had a far less happy ending
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 03:14:07 AM »
Gary,   
    Must have been the same black cloud that was over my part of the province last week. Mine was a bottle of Tamiya Semi Gloss Black caught up by the chain on the Medic Alert bracelet I wear, spilled most of it on the desk (fortunately none on the numerous bits thereon) but then dragged via my lap onto the floor. It's been a hell of a week or so, I'm hoping I've got it all out of my system however these things seem to happen in "threes"!?
    I know of your pain! :(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 03:32:24 AM »
It wasn't paint, but my worst was when I knocked over a little bottle of lacquer (cellulose) thinner
over a very nicely painted wing, destroying the niceness in a hurry! ::)  It's not easy being a klutz! ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 03:32:56 AM »
I knocked over a bottle of liquid cement once. 

Unfortunately there was a completely painted and decaled wing that took the majority of the cement.

Did you know that paint and decals don't take kindly to cement? 
Robert

Offline drdave

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 03:46:54 AM »
We've all been here. Not helped by my habit of using the spray booth as an assembly space too.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 04:38:17 AM »
Oh yes, that's the reason why I don't like these Vallejo paints. You shouldn't give me anything that you can squeeze...
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.