Author Topic: Mercedes D.IVa  (Read 947 times)

Offline jknaus

Mercedes D.IVa
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »
Does someone have a good picture or a drawing of the line/s that come from the front of the engine down to the crankcase I think? I have been searching the net and refs and am not sure where they come from and to. Thanks very much for any help.
James

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: Mercedes D.IVa
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 03:35:54 AM »
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline jknaus

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:41:41 AM »
Thank you. I found that one but maybe I'm not payiing enoough attention. The pipe runs from just behind the (not sure what it is), but piece on timing gear sticking up at front, and then extends down to gear box but not sure how attached there. I have seen some model it from that first piece (not behind it ) to the top of the cranck case or the side, but never a clear enough picture for me to see where and how. Does anyone here think its a big deal as long as I add it somewhere there?
James

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 03:51:24 AM »
the pipe you are talking about is the oil line from the the air pump (which pressurizes the fuel system). I think there should actually be two -- a gazinta and a gazouta -- one is missing here. The lines run down to a connection on the upper crankcase half near the output shaft -- you can clearly see one connector in the photo linked above. The other connection point is a little higher and further back; you can make that out too.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:14 AM »
Thanks Bo. Will look again.
James