Author Topic: Some OT Modeling For Last Year....  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Old Man

Some OT Modeling For Last Year....
« on: January 01, 2016, 12:11:10 PM »
These were items I started while wife was in the convalescent hospital, after the crisis had passed. I finished them up after completing the HF-27 scratch-build and the N17bis.

First is a Curtiss P-6E from the 17th Pursuit Sqdn in 1932:

This is the vintage Monogram 1/72 kit, which remains a gem all on its own. I made new exhausts, fairings for the bell-cranks (under the lower wing tips), turnbuckle fairings, an interior, and added damper rods. Nose marking (the normal appearance of the unit's machines) is reverse masking with a lot of touching up....

This is a P-40 in the markings of the 33rd Pursuit Sqdn in 1940:

This is the new Airfix Tomahawk 1/72 kit, with a few small tweaks to make it appear to be an early production example. There remain a couple of inaccuracies about the canopy; early examples did not have armor glass behind the windscreen, and no perforations in the 'rear view' panel on the portside.

I have started a new Great War scratch-build, but have not got enough done to be worth posting up yet. And I will be beginning an N.27 for the French Group Build when the kit arrives in the mail....

Offline RAGIII

Re: Some OT Modeling For Last Year....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 12:06:55 AM »
Outstanding P6 and P40! I have a Trumpeter P40b in 1/32nd acquired very cheaply. I will build it OOB, in spite of its' deficiencies,  someday  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 07:06:25 AM »
Two very outstanding models OM.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 07:22:52 AM »
 Old Man,
Outstanding models my old friend. Very impressive one and all but your Curtiss P-6 really catches my eye. All the best wishes to you and your's.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:27 AM »
More brilliant models from your neck of the woods. I especially like the Curtis P6 - it is superior in the wings dept!

Looking forward to your next scratch build too.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »
    A real pair of little gems,  OM, that P6 is a beauty!(And the P40 as well) The "Yellow Wings" series really are appealing, beautiful aircraft all. I built this P6 almost 45 years ago, lovely little kit! Thanks for the memories! 8)
Cheers,
Lance